v . BITING MY TONGUE

| ISABELLE
|♫: Dark Red by Steve Lacy

CHAPTER FIVE | BITING MY TONGUE

–❀–

THE WORDS WERE NOTICEABLY caught in the back of his throat as he struggles to articulate any kind of response, only gazing back into my eyes. I was quite surprised by myself in all fairness which seemed to also be a surprise for him as well I think . It was hard to read him accurately though and the expressions he was showing me made me even more confused.

     It was the look in his eyes that were staring into mine that made it hard to tell if he was still in pain or was perhaps enjoying it. It was also the same way I remember him looking at me just a couple weeks ago.

     I'd like to think it was a form of admiration at my capability to disarm and take down someone visibly stronger than me but that would be me flattering myself. The corners of his lips began to perk up ever so slightly and I was quick to wipe it away with another harsh tug to his arm leading any expression he did have to be wiped away immediately. His eyes shut tightly in pain as he turns to press his forehead into the concrete.

     "I said, why the fuck are you following me?"

     "Would you calm down, I–"He snaps back to reality and continues in his attempt to look back at me but my hold on him stays true, "I wasn't actually following you- fucking hell."

     I tighten my pull even more making him groan in pain again. His stuttering was beginning to annoy me, "Let's be smart and use full sentences, yeah? Otherwise you're gonna be in a lot more pain."

     "Alright! Okay–fuck. I was just trying to catch up with you! Christ, I just–" He paused again and swallowed, as if trying to regain his train of thought, "I saw you leaving the club alone and I wanted to catch up with you to offer a ride or something. You know, make sure you got home okay."

     I scoff, "Bullshit. You knew I was going to be at the club, didn't you? I bet you ran into me last week on purpose as well."

     I had a right to be skeptical and wasn't about to be held at fault for it. There has been too much that has happened to me to not have the deep-rooted and aching fear inside me that something, or someone, is always lurking around the corner waiting for me. It was such a tiresome feeling as well, the constant worrying and the stagnant pit resting inside of my stomach that represented the suspicion of something always on the verge of going wrong.

     "What the fuck are you talking about? I had no idea you were gonna be at the club."

     "Oh really?" I press, my brow raised in question, "So you just happened to be going to the same club I was going to a week after our little run-in?"