Chapter Six

AN: song above is a slow version of the LoZ theme. Also featured in the chapter (I wish I owned this cover, omg >.<).

Are you ready for headcanons and the climax?

When Hylia "awoke," the first sensation she noticed was the distinct feeling that something was wrong. She teleported the short distance to the castle to observe. All was in rushed chaos.

    "There," a watchman shouted over the scramble, "to the southeast!"

    "Kakariko burns!"

    "Make haste!"

    Kakariko Village. It took Hylia a brief second to recall its position, and then she remembered that she had been there recently. Impa, the little girl she had saved, was a resident to Kakariko. Which meant—

    "It has spread to the cursed forest!"

    Hylia gazed on in horror as she saw smoke rising in the distance, positioned right over the forest of the Fierce Deity.

    With a piercing whistle, the goddess summoned her crimson loftwing and took off. "Hurry, my friend!" she urged as she steered him towards the smoke. "Perhaps they are near  enough to save." The Demon King had never attacked so close to the castle, and it frightened her. This was no accident. Rarely would he risk something so bold, unless he was desperate—unless he needed something specific.

    Hylia arrived at the scene within a few minutes and dismounted her beloved loftwing behind the village. As she teleported into the center, she was surprised by the lack of monsters. People were running, children were crying, and a few buildings burned—yet there were no bodies nor blood strewn across the packed dirt streets. Was it possible that an army had arrived?

    She ran to the border of the village to join the frontline, only to find none. There was no army of brave soldiers pushing back the gruesome bokoblins, moblins, lizalfos, and stalfos that had congregated.

    It was the Fierce Deity.

    In a single sweep of his blade, a dozen were killed, and a dozen more knocked over from the sheer force of his blade cutting the air in a gust of wind. They could not scratch him. He could not hold them all back, either. Several were slipping through gaps, and more by the second.

Hylia was quick to summon her golden bow and an arrow of light. The stragglers were met with a swift end. She pulled back her bow again and summoned many arrows, all released at once. They landed true each time, chipping away at the frontline of monsters. Eventually, the Fierce Deity noticed, but did not stop his onslaught.

"Hylia!" he yelled over the screeches of demonic creatures. "You've been gone for days! What happened?"

"I'll inform you later!" That was a lie. She was never, ever, ever going to find the courage to tell him what his true role was and she was well aware of that. "What happened here?"

"There's a crack in the surface about one-hundred yards ahead," he explained as he ended a particularly stubborn stalfos. "They started pouring out of it like water. I've been able to protect the village well enough, but"---he spared the briefest glance at her—"Hylia, I need you to save my forest." Even in the small glimpse of his face, she could tell he was desperate.

She released another multi-shot. "I do not control water to douse the fires, dear one." The distance between them had grown smaller. "What would you have me do?"

"Their spirits," he huffed. He was getting tired. "Their spirits leave their vessels. I ask that you guide them to new ones."

"Another forest?"