Chapter Seven

AN: song above is "Legends Never Die" from League of Legends, featuring Against The Current. Is this or is this not the greatest song ever????

TW: violence, slight gore

It must have been hundreds that had fallen by his sword, possibly thousands, before the Demon King had finished his grand entrance. The Fierce Deity paused to take in his menacing appearance. At least fourteen feet tall, the Demon King towered over even the largest moblins, as well as the Fierce Deity himself. He appeared somewhat like a man, standing on two thick legs and having a pair of impossibly muscular arms at his side. Around his hips was a long, blood-red cloth that skimmed the ground like a cape. Flaming hair flew like a lion's mane behind him. Despite his humanoid appearance, his skin was purely gray in color and disgustingly uneven—perhaps it was scars from a thousand-thousand battles. The most unsettling detail, however, was the black blood that visibly pulsed through the veins in his chest and arms.

He raised one meaty hand and the Fierce Deity took a battle stance. With a snap that sounded like thunder, the seemingly endless hordes of monsters disappeared one by one in a plume of purple smoke. The deity furrowed his brow at the clear field—clear save the Demon King.

When the demon spoke, it sounded like pounding gravel in the deepest, darkest cave. "So here you are: the Fierce Deity I've heard rumors about." The man in question did not drop his glare. "It was silly of me to send foot soldiers to fight a landslide. Why waste them all when I can end you myself?"

With a cry, the deity charged forward with his two-handed sword ready to slash. The Demon King needed only to raise his hand to halt the warrior mid-step and raise him from the ground with invisible force. The sword slipped from his hands as the airway in his throat tightened uncomfortably. He tried to grasp at whatever was holding him, but there was nothing there.

The Demon King wouldn't kill him like this, he knew. It wasn't satisfying enough. The demon wanted to bleed him dry. He wanted to end him as painfully as possible.

"The rabbit comes out of his hole," the Demon King teased with his hideous voice. "You could have been a valuable asset to me, but I have a hunch that if I were to ask you to join me now, you wouldn't even consider the idea."

"Damn right." A glare flashed across the demon's ugly face. The hold on the deity's throat tightened until he was seeing black dots.

Soon, the demon had resumed his amused expression. "My, my, she's got you good. Don't you understand that she's been planning this all along? When begging you didn't work, she decided that slowly coaxing you into her trap would suffice. Now you're ready to lay down your life for her; I bet you even think she cares about you." Everything within the Fierce Deity fought against whatever magical hold he had.

"Let me spell it out for you, hero." Demise got disturbingly close and lowered his voice. "You are nothing more than a pawn in her game."

The Fierce Deity spat on the Demon King's face. The demon flinched and snarled, and the deity got a bit of satisfaction out of that. "You mistake courage for recklessness," the Demon King growled. Like before, it only took a few seconds for his demeanor to change from rage to a calmer, almost pitiful aura. "But can I blame you for such an emotional response? It's not your fault that she's a temptress. I've seen her power. I've witnessed the way she can bring grown men to their knees." A sigh. "I suppose it was too optimistic of me to believe that you could resist her wiles for very long."

"You..." the Fierce Deity choked out accusingly, "you do not know her."

The Demon King burst into such unabashed laughter that it made the deity's blood boil. "You are mistaken, warrior. I know her on a deeper level than you ever will."