Awkwardness

You were driving to school as usual, but instead with Max. You decided it would be best if she didn't have to ride to school with Billy. You had just pulled up to school with Max and saw Steve's car, Oh how you were dreading this day. Of course as soon as you stepped out of your car Steve made a bee-line towards you. Anxiety raised up within you every step he got closer.

STEVE'S POV:

I saw Y/N and her sister pull up into school and decided it would be best if I talked to her about what happened. I wasn't actually quite sure how I felt about Y/N, I like her a lot, but I also still like Nancy. Everytime I'm near Y/N my heart races and butterflies dance in my stomach. And I can't help but think about her, like ALL DAY.
But it would be better if we talked to each other.
I walked towards her, and for some reason she looked stressed out.

Y/N'S POV:
Steve stood awkwardly in front of me for about 30 seconds before he spoke up.
"We need to talk" He announced
"Yeah, I agree.." I said in an almost whisper while looking at my shoes.
"So about yesterday, I just want to apologise. For everything. I know your with Nancy and she seems like a sweet girl. I hope we can still be friends?" I continued.
"It's fine, and me and Nancy kind of broke up, she said that our whole relationship was bullshit. I think I've realised that I wasn't very happy with her, but I think I might have found someone who I like and feel happy with." Steve replied
" Oh Steve I am so sorry for you about Nancy, but this new person seems very nice!" I said but a bit disappointed knowing it isn't gonna be me.
"They are amazing, I think we have English first, wanna walk with me?" Steve offered.
I felt butterflies in my stomach when Steve wanted to walk with me.
"I- uh.... Yeah of course!" I stuttered
As we walked through the crowded corridors I felt Steve's stare piercing into me, I looked back at him and he turned away when he saw I was looking at him, I felt my cheeks warm up at the thought he might like me back.
'WHAT- No Y/N snap out of it.   He. Does. Not. Like. YOU' I thought
Suddenly the corridor got really busy with people pushing you out of the way so they could rush to their lessons.
Then surprisingly Steve looked back at me and grabbed my hand. OH MY LORD! STEVE HARRINGTON WAS HOLDING YOUR HAND. I felt like I wanted to pass out, but luckily i contained myself.
When we got to English I noticed Steve was still holding my hand, shortly after he noticed too and quickly let go of my had with a small tint of blush dusting his cheeks.
"Oh sorry.." Steve said referring to my hand.
"It's fine!"
'No it wasn't, I am falling harder and harder for him every passing second'