Chapter 4: Bittersweet

Quick update, nothing too major. Just wanted to build onto a plot point that'll rise later on in the story. Carry on.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that my version of UfPapyrus has a two-toned soul? His magic is red and purple because why not. ;)

Warning: Domestic Violence, Referenced Alcohol, Language

Sans quietly walked into the kitchen. He figured he might as well get his punishment over with. He would just have to hope for the best and trust that Boss had cooled down after this morning.

Speaking of Boss, what was he even doing? The taller was currently on the floor, his head in the cabinets, and rummaging through them.

'Is he looking for something?' Sans wondered.

"Boss what are you- "

"AH!" A loud bonk followed. Some items on the counter above jostled from the hit below.

"Fuck!" Boss cursed clutching his head in pain. "Goddamn it, why can't I just be left alone?" He groaned out; forehead now met with the floor.

"Boss! Are you ok!?"

Boss lifted himself up harshly, hand still on the back of his skull. He turned to face Sans, glaring maliciously at him.

"Is that all you know how to say, you ill-witted dunce!?"

"I-I'm sorry I- "

"And no, I'm not! I just wanted to come home, get semi-drunk, and then go to fucking bed but apparently, that's just too much to ask for, isn't it!?"

Sans stared at the floor, rubbing his arm in silence. He wore a solemn expression, looking like a kicked puppy as shame rolled off him.

Papyrus wilted at the sight, sighing to himself. It was taking everything in him not to have a nervous breakdown but now was not the time.

He still needed to have a serious talk with Sans about this morning. He was hoping they could have that conversation tomorrow, but it seemed that the universe was determined on making this the worse day of his life to date, so they might as well just have it today.

The clock above the fridge caught his eye. 6:34 PM. Perfect, just in time for dinner.

"Have you eaten yet?"

Sans glanced back up from the floor, a blink his only response.

"I'll take that as no," Papyrus spoke as he stood, removing his gloves to wash his hands before heading to the fridge. "I'll also take it that you haven't healed?"

"No... I'm still at 07." Sans confirmed.

"Go sit in the living room, I'll heal you in just a sec," Papyrus ordered as he prepared a pot.

Sans did as instructed. That was not the reaction he was expecting from his brother. He figured Boss was gonna lay into him more than he had but hey, Sans wasn't complaining.

He strolled back over to the couch, laying down on the lumpy material. He supposed it wouldn't hurt to take another nap while he waited for the food, so he closed his eyes and waited for sleep to take him.

After 10 or so minutes of tossing and turning, he realized he wasn't gonna be able to go back to sleep. Not until he and Boss settled what happened this morning that is.

"No, stop that. Doom! Doomfanger! No!" A muffled scolding came from the kitchen, followed by a loud crash of pans. "Son of a bitch!"

Sans opened his eyes, hearing his brother yell at the cat. He could feel a giggle tickle the back of his throat.