05

"He is half my soul, as the poets say."
-Song of Achilles

"It felt different, looking at each other was just different then looking at anyone else

"It felt different, looking at each other was just different then looking at anyone else."

The two rushed down to the portal, their hands moving in a motion that captured the weird organic shape of it

their hands moving in a motion that captured the weird organic shape of it. Their faces were highlighted with the red light that came from the entrance slowly covering more of them as they came closer. Then, finally their bodies flew down to the drier land.

"What the fuck." Eddie shivered out looking down at the peculiar vines, consoling himself by tightly squeezing the oar. M/N couldn't believe his surroundings, feeling out of reality; in disbelief. The two looked around wearily until their backs pressed close and the sense of security and warmth from each other comforted them, they both thought [IIII] 'what would I do without him.'

M/N eyes found Robin and Nancy. "Over there! Nancy, Robin!" M/N pointed out taking Eddie's hand without thought and began to lead the way leaving Eddie with a small smile that crept onto his lips but soon left as he wanted to keep his attention on the situation at hand.

Robin and Nancy's attention was caught by the low yell of M/N and wove up to them hurriedly as the two women continued to run forward. In worry M/N managed to drag Eddie over faster than the other male ever could run, fueled with adrenaline. Robin and Nancy fought off the bats from Steve's body allowing the man to finally breathe, he threw his body up as uneasiness peaked up his back. He held his throat, softly rubbing the red marks left on his skin. The group of bats began to fly around the three. Some so fast you could barely make out their features.

Eddie and M/N looked up at the scenery, breathing from their noses as they made sense of the situation. Soon the two were also surrounded by the strange creatures, the bats staring down at them preparing their move against the two. They began to move around slowly keeping their bodies close together as they joined the fight of throwing around bats and hitting them with whatever they had.