6. I'M WHIPPED

UDAY POV

I got out of my private elevator, checking my watch it was 8:50 AM and the meeting was at 9.

Stepping in my office at 40th floor, I adjusted my suit jacket and my PA Varun rushed to me. "Good morning sir. Mr. Philip will be here in any moment now."

"Everything ready?" I walked past my employees as they greeted me giving them a short and curt nod in response.

"Yes sir, we have everything in control" he handed me the file and went through it, checking for any mistake.

We reached the conference room and I took my seat. "Good. Inform me when he reaches, you can leave now."

As I flipped through the pages, I realized Varun was still standing there, raising my head to him, I twirled the pen between my fingers as my eyes flited to him. "What?"

"Sir, uh" flinching at my sharp tone, he pointed towards my neck with hesitation. "Your tie looks a little crooked."

Keeping the pen on the table, I leaned back and raised a challenging brow at him. "And?"

"Nothing sir." He squeaked straightening up immediately. "Y- you look perfect. I'll t-take your leave now." With that, he rushed out of the room as if he was being chased by a dog.

Idiot.

Running my hand over my maroon tie, I opened my laptop taking a glance at the presentation when a knock sounded on the door.

"Come in." I ordered in a distracted tone since I was busy scrolling the company's latest stocks.

The sound of the heels clicking on the floor reached my ears and I mentally rolled my eyes.

Not again.

"Good morning, sir" an extremely irritating voice filled my ears and I coughed slightly at the overbearing stench of the perfume that now filled the room.

I looked up at the girl uninterested, trying to get over this as soon as possible. "Yes, Miss Verma?"

"Sir, could you sign these papers regarding yesterday's deal?" flashing me a flirtatious smile, she slid the file in front of me.

She was the daughter of my one of my dad's close friends. This was the only reason, I was tolerating her. If it was up to me, I would have thrown her out, long time ago, due to her constant, failed attempts of flirting with me.

I scrawled my signature swiftly and gave the file back to her.

"Your appearance looks little untidy." she pointed out, obviously referring to my tie and my lips pressed in a thin line.

What was wrong with everyone?

It wasn't that bad, the tie looked okay, just a little crooked. Maybe because they've never seen me in anything less than perfect that such a small detail was bothering them so much.

It's just a tie for God's sake.

"I mean, look at the tie."

My jaw set tight at her snobby tone and I clenched my hand in a fist, trying to control my anger.

Not sensing my mood, the fool continues blabbering whatever came to her mind. "Who even made it? My 10 year old nephew can do better than this." She scoffed.

"My wife did. Any problem?"

"Huh?" The smug expression wiped from her face and changed into hesitation. "Wh-What?"

She tried covering up the situation. "I-I was just saying that it looks li-"

"Did I ask for your opinion?" I cut her off. I didn't have time for her bullshit.