Chapter 2: Dorm Disaster

"Hey, you guys remember Daisy and Sadie, right?" Zander asked Jake who was sitting at one corner of the room scrolling on his phone, and Hailey who was still fixing her duffel bag. Hailey nodded, but she was still concentrating on her packing. "Jake, I'm sure you definitely remember Daisy. You know, Sean's girlfriend? And she's the head girl back in high school that you were simping on back then, right?"

Jake scratched his head. "Of course, I remember her, Zander. She's my friend and I already got over her years ago." It's true and it's been so long. A lot has happened back then, and Jake doesn't have time for his feelings anymore, so his feelings for Daisy eventually faded. He eventually figured Daisy and Sean liked each other, and they became a couple just last year before Sean graduated and moved to college first. He was happy for them. He might have a crush on Daisy before, but now they remained as good friends and Jake's more than happy to support her and Sean all the way.

He wonders how they are now, though. He sorta forgot which college Sean attended... again. All he remembers is that Sean went to college first since he's a year ahead. And he didn't even know where Daisy is going for college. Maybe he keeps missing out a lot. He hasn't been paying much attention at all since then.

"Oh, okay." Zander cleared his throat and continued the topic he wanted to share. "So as I was saying, Daisy and Sadie are both celebrating their birthdays together, just in a single day! The reason is so it wouldn't be a hassle for them when classes start, and since they're best friends, they agreed to celebrate together. Both their birthdays are in the same month anyway!" Zander said, enthusiastically sharing the piece of information he knows.

Hailey looked up from her bag and replied. "My birthday's in the same month too, but I got no idea how to celebrate it yet anyway. Plus, Zander, well, um... like... where in the world did you even get this huge piece of information? How'd you know about that?"

Zander scoffed. "It's literally from Sadie, duh! She told me herself. We've been keeping in touch online if you want to know." Zander huffed, crossing his arms.

Jake perked up. "Oh, I didn't know you and Sadie were close... I barely see you two interacting with each other."

Zander glared at Jake. "Of course you don't know that much, you haven't been paying attention as always, just like you literally didn't know Hailey and I were stepsiblings before. Sadie is a really sweet person if you get to know her, y'know. She even shipped me and Luke before on the day I confessed to Luke!" Zander said delightfully. Jake could only stare at Zander. Okay, he really won't deny that he hasn't been paying attention. Well, how is he even supposed to know anyway?

"Well, glad to know. Sadie and I aren't close but I do see you messaging her sometimes, Zander." Hailey said, and Zander gave her a quick 'did you snoop through my phone?' look. "All I know about her is that she's our classmate back then, part of the student council and she's just the scariest and most intimidating person in the class..." Hailey said, remembering how Sadie was like. Scary.

"Same here. Remember one time at the library, Hailey?" Jake said. Hailey tried to remember, and it was the day when Milly had a fight in the hallway.

"Oh, right! Hahaha! She startled us back there. But if she's sweet like you said, Zander... alright, I believe you." Hailey laughs. As she re-checks the things she needed to bring, she remembers she got a question in her mind that she wanted to ask her brother. "And, uh... Zander, I noticed how much you still know about the whereabouts of our peers in high school. Don't tell me you're going to turn into one of those gossip kids who's always updated for any news, or worse, spreads rumors like an immature high-schooler?"

Zander jumped at Hailey's remark, and started to defend himself. "H-How could you even suggest that? I'm not like that! What...? You think I'm going to be someone like Zoey and Li-" Zander got cut off when Hailey gestured him to shut up and they slowly glanced at Jake. They noticed how Jake stared blankly for a bit, but he just laughed.