Chapter 5: An Awkward Acquaintance

The weekends have passed and it's Monday once again. It's also been two days since Jake was trapped in a room with Henry and Liam. He didn't choose to think about it so much, though. That day's over and hopefully there wouldn't be a repeat of that incident.

He doesn't exactly know if they were on good terms or in bad terms, but he could just act civil around them at the very least. Since he isn't even comfortable enough to be around them yet, he'll just stay away from them. Sure, they may bump each other at the same building or just literally anywhere in the campus, but maybe just eye contact is fine.

Jake is in his music history class today, nothing out of the ordinary. Before his class ended, his professor spoke up.

"Alright, everyone. I want you all to make a research about the history of different musical instruments. After that, make a report of your findings. Make sure you all pass on time by the next week. You may all go." Jake's music history professor said, then took their things and left the classroom.

Jake talked to his classmates for a while then proceeds to leave. He wanted to go hang out with Hailey and Zander, but some of their classes often end late. He's bored and he wanted to spend the afternoon doing something. He doesn't want to go back to his dorm so early, especially when his roommate is-

...

But then he remembered.

Maybe he should stop trying to procrastinate on his school work... The last time he did, he ended up having a whole bad day. Just because he finished his 2000-word essay last minute, he overslept and he was late, he was so tired for the rest of the day, and he even saw Henry and Liam again when he wasn't even ready to face them yet.

He procrastinates just like the Queen of Procrastination herself, Mother Rosy!

...

Yeah, he shouldn't let that happen again. It's time to be more responsible in college! It's not just all about having fun and hanging out with friends, he also needs to take studies seriously and quit slacking! He successfully studied well in high school, so of course he could definitely do better in his college years. Besides, his grades are a lot more to worry about in college.

So instead of procrastinating, he decided to actually do something productive for today. How about he'll start on his research right now so he could write his report sooner? Yes, yes, that would be perfect! He'll finish it on time so he wouldn't have to worry about the deadline.

And as Jake decided to start on his research, he decided to go to the library. He could make use of some of the books over there and connect to the library's Wi-Fi.

As he was on his way to leave the Art Building to get to the library, he passed by that one room he got himself trapped in along with Henry and Liam last Friday because that damned door has a broken doorknob.

Two people stood in front of that room, one of them examining the door. There was a teacher, who is a woman in her thirties, and a janitor who seems to be the one checking the room.

"We were just about to get this doorknob fixed today. It didn't look like it was detached from the door the last time we saw it." The janitor said, scratching his forehead. He picked up the doorknob that was detached from the door.

The teacher frowned. "Well, I don't know who broke that doorknob! It looks worse than before! It didn't look that bad last Friday! Ugh, now how will we make use of this room now? We can't use this room if the door itself is broken since if we keep the door open, people passing by the hallways might disrupt the class!"

The janitor sighed. "I believe you're right, Miss Willows. Did you remember the last people who passed by this room?" He asked. The teacher thought for a while.