《1》

There's a hand outstretched towards him. It's pale, slender, peaking in through red sheer curtains. Considering the ruckus from outside earlier Xie Lian can only think that this must be the ghost groom come to take him away.

He take in a calming breath and settles a gently smile on his face. Then with his own hand reaches for it.

It's so cold.

Xie Lian's glad it's cold, the feeling travels up his arm and down his spine cooling his body. His skin that feels awfully hot and the prickle of sweat that threatens him under his veil is sated immediately.

The cold also helps identify that this is, just like the rumours say, most likely a ghost. And from what the god can see under the red vail it's also a male.

So the ghost groom is actually a ghost groom. Xie Lian was almost positive it was a false claim. Call it a gut feeling or just his instinct that told him something else was at play but perhaps not?

He's lifted gently down from his perch and lead forward into the night. Of course being Xie Lian, and having his luck, the god soon trips heading for the floor not even five paces in, but a strong arm around his waist and a hand held tightly around his stops him dead still.

It's actually a very kind gesture, and Xie Lian wonders if this truly is the ghost groom why he's so kind when at least a dozen brides have been kidnapped and their party murdered. Was this man waiting on a specific bride to arrive on his mountain?

The god peers up to the sky, it's blurred by red fabric but still he can make out shadows, he may just have gotten himself into trouble. But on that note when has he not?

The ghost makes no noise as they walk so Xie Lian doesn't try to strike up conversation. It would most likely be awkward anyway. He just walks quietly at a slow pace trying to test how lenient the ghost would be with him. And also trying not to trip again. Once is plenty. He doesn't want this groom to abandon him due to his misfortune.

Turns out the ghost will match whatever pace Xie Lian sets. Staying by his side hand in hand. The god smiles and stays to his slow walk.

It's actually a rather pleasant experience if you don't think about the loom of death, and at that point Xie Lian noticed the magic array that's coming up ahead.

It's a powerful one, reeks of evil definitely the doing of a wrath ghost, and a particularly crude one given it's made out of human remains. The god waits with gently breath as they approach. He's ready to attack given the opportunity.

Is this it? Where the groom lives? The white silk shuffles angsty under his sleeve and Xie Lian hopes the groom doesn't notice it.

He's about to strike out when the array is shattered under the ghosts foot. Xie Lian pauses his attack before it's too late, yes it seems he really has gotten into trouble this time.

That was a ward put up by at least a wrath, meaning this man who's leading him to god knows where is definitely higher. How troublesome. He's dealing with a destruction level.  More so than that this is not the ghost groom or he wouldn't have destroyed such an array.

Xie Lian's a little pleased that this man isn't as discussing as to use human remains for a spell.

Then the two pause and Xie Lian is brought from his mind as an umbrella opens. Not a moment later rain sounds out around them and begins to fall around the two. That's strange, Xie Lian thinks. It was fine just a moment ago.

Xie Lian peers closer at it. Under closer inspection it's not just normal rain but blood rain. Each drop that hits the ground a bright crimson. Much like the ghosts robes and his own.