Extra chapter 1

Dedicated to my darling reader, you know who you are <3

Xie Lian glides down the Main Street of the ghost city he now calls home. His white robes flutter behind him causing the illusion of translucent wings beating elegantly in the night air. The silver embroidery catches the light and glows a familiar aura.

The whole city knew who he was. And who he knew. And what he could do.

A flower crown sits dainty on his head his hair spilling out around it in gorgeous brown wefts. His arms are placed neatly in front of him and the path he walks is clear.

If not it's soon cleared for him to pass. Hundreds of eyes twinkling in happiness just because they caught a glimpse of him.

He feels like a prince. A leader. He feels important and special and so very loved. Especially when all the citizens cheer and greet him as he passes. Always respectful but still ever so playfully as most ghost tend to be.

It's strange to feel like he once was. To go back in time yet keep his knowledge of the future.

Xie Lian will smile at each one of the ghost city citizens. Reply to them and sometimes even pause to hold conversations. Xie Lian knows most of the citizens. All the citizens know him. He's kind, they say. He smiles brightly, they say.

He tamed the tyrant king, they say.

The air around him glowed as Hua Cheng's wrath butterflies follow him. At this point though they are more like Xie Lian's wrath butterflies as they really only group to him. The swarm him in protection. Knock him over with their love and scare away any god who dare to mess with him.

It's given him the nickname of mother butterfly.

He found it embarrassed at first but then he accepted his fate. He had been chosen by them so he shall indulge them and by connection his husband. Who always feels happier when his butterflies are around to monitor and protect. Even if his jealousy over them get to him. Which Xie Lian is quite to call silly as he will only love Hua Cheng the way he does. No one and nothing else will ever steal his love.

As he walks up the dark marble stairs to the familiar establishment the crowd cheers.

"Our Lord's husband is 'er!"

"It's the mother butterfly! Make way make way!"

"Ur highness!"

"The lord beloved!"

"Welcome! Welcome!"

Xie Lian giggles at all the attention, waving sheepishly at them all, and continues his journey towards the farthest wall where red satin drapes down sectioning off an area.

As he arrives he sees a hand outstretched reaching through the drapes. A familiar sight each time he appears at the den.

"Husband." Xie Lian says kindly taking the hand with his own delicate one. "Husband." Hua Cheng replies deeply pulling the god into him. Xie Lian stumbles ending up on the ghosts lap. "San Lang!" He giggles. He should have expected this. "How shameless!"

Hua Cheng chuckles. "Anything for you. How was your day?"

The god relaxes back. "It was good. I went to see He Xuan. I brought him some food he seemed rather happy at that." Hua Cheng grumbles. "I've already halved his debt what more does he want. I thought he called us insane?"

The god giggles patting the others shoulder. "Come now San Lang he's also quite like us. He's obsessed with his revenge and is going to great lengths to execute his plan."

"Was falling in love with the damn god part of the plan?"

Xie Lian looks at him. "Who are you to judge love. Are we not the symbol of it. We should be encouraging him not scrutinising him."

Hua Cheng huffs. "I shall not be encouraging anything of him gege." Xie Lian smile, "but?" He asks hopefully. Hua Cheng grins. "Right as always beloved. But I won't ever shut down love." Xie Lian smiles. "I'm glad." He says. "And your day my love?" He asks. "How was it?"

"Boring without you. I only got to fight three times." The shameless ghost pouts.

"Oh only three? Maybe they're loosing interest." Xie Lian muses.

Hua Cheng huffs. "If they do I'll go fight them till they remember. But Pei Ming did fight well. Not nearly well enough but well. and those two servants of yours are so annoying. I had to beat them twice before they left."

"San Lang! They're not my servants they are gods of their own right. They fort for it. They deserve it."

"They were your servants-"

"-yes they were. Key word were, as in past tense." Xie Lian says sighing.

Hua Cheng grumbles more, shaking his head into Xie Lian's neck. "Beloved let's leave this place. I'm bored here."

Xie Lian humms. "And where shall we go?"

"Anywhere you want. Just not here. I don't want to be here anymore." Hua Cheng says squeezing the other tightly. "Hmm okay then." Xie Lian says gently. "How about the garden pagoda?" He suggests. "I'll pour you tea and we can eat sweets." Xie Lian humms happily. "Doesn't that sound nice?"

Hua Cheng smiles. "Sounds perfect."