《5》

"You dream of me?" Hua Cheng asks amazed. His deep eye swirls with admiration and love so big it's scary.

Xie lian looks up huge amber eyes swirling to life. Eager to match the other. "I don't know, that's what I'm asking you. Is it you who I watch grow up so fondly?" He asks. "Is it you I see so vividly?"

He places a hand over Hua Cheng chest. The same place a beating heart would lay if his hadn't been stagnant for years. "Is it you that I see who has constantly protected me?"

He Xuan gapes. Then gags. This is almost impressive and by the pool as well. If he doesn't leave now they'll make him hate his whole image. Water will never be the same.

"Oh my hell you're both as bad as each other. Congratulations on your insane match. I'm leaving before you turn me delirious too." He says walking out but the two take no notice. "Dear earth, what's next? Am I to fall in love with a god??" He mutters.

"Gege dreams of me? All of the me's?" Hua Cheng says amazed.

Xie Lian blushes. "From being a small child falling into my arms, to a soldier who stood by me and insisted to fight for me, to a handsome red gentleman that whisk me away. One evening that we strolled on. So many decades of memories... and you brought them all back for me."

He giggles. "Tell me, hong honger, Wu Ming, Hua Cheng, San Lang. Who are you really?"

Hua Cheng laughs heartily. "Your highness, no matter who I am, I will forever be your most devout believer. At my core I am nothing but you most devout servant. I wish only to give you everything."

Xie Lian stutters smiling. "I have no doubt in you. But San Lang surely this place is not safe for you. Shouldn't you leave? I think Jun Wu will visit soon if not now. If he sees you..." Xie Lian trails of with a shudder.

"San Lang we don't have to fight anymore." He says clutching him tightly. "We can just wait it out and I'll find you. I don't want you to die. I don't want you to be hurt. I don't want you to fight jun wu. Let's just leave. Run away laughing as we fall from heaven and it's clutches."

Hua Cheng bows. "To fall from grace by your side is my greatest dream however I'm selfish beloved. I've loved you a long time and I very much crave your touch now that I have you. I refuse to wait. I refuse to stand by." He says clasping Xie Lian's hand. "We should fight. Because if not now then when? When would we stop running to do so?"

Xie Lian looks down. "Can't you just take me away?" He asks.

"I really want for nothing more to leave by your side. Take me to the ghost city. Show me your world. The world you rule over. Take me to your home. Let me live by your side there. I'll cook for you. I'll clean for you, I'll do what you ask of me. Show me your citizens. Show me what you're proud of. Take me on walks where we talk about anything and nothing. Show me your butterflies and let them be my companions when you're away. Tell me you care for me. That I'm the only one that matters. Tell me I'm not selfish to want to leave my godhood behind. Tell me it's not wrong to learn to love you. You who had been there since the start. You who has searched for me so long. You who has finally found me." Xie lian sniffs looking up.

"San Lang we don't have to fight them. We just need to go to a place they won't dare follow. I'm not important to the heavens. I don't have powers or temples or believers. I don't have merits and I don't get prayers. I'm a god in no way but title and I'd much rather my title be Hua. Please San Lang. If you'll do one thing for me be it this. When I ask you to take me away say yes."

Hua Cheng laughs. "Oh gege. You've had it rough without me. You're right heaven is no place for you. They don't appreciate you. They don't know how strong you are. I would hate to keep you in such a tight box." Then he sighs.

"Do you promise not to miss it?" He asks. "Do you promise after a decade you won't plead and beg to let me return you? You promise not to go running to Jun Wu if he turns up on our doorstep? Because it will be our doorstep as soon as you arrive. I may rule over the ghost city but as soon as you arrive we will rule. The whole city shall celebrate your arrival. It will become a national holiday. You'll have so many believers once they see how amazing you are. Gege will get more prays than he can attend too and it will fall to me to distract you from work."

Xie Lian flushes and the ghost king laughs. "To live and die with you by my side. To work and play knowing you're right there. To eat and sleep knowing it's you who I lay next to. What good fortune has possibly befallen me to make such dreams reality."

Hua Cheng looks down at Xie Lian determined. "Your highness I love you. I have for many centuries. But I have never expected even when we met for you to love me back. I wouldn't even dream it. To stand by your side once more is plenty. To protect you sets my dead heart beating and to be able to be of service to you, If I could be the one you call for in danger, If I can be the one you confide in when you're lost, If I can be the one to comfort you even just once, I shall have died a happy death again. For you really will be the death of me." He laughs.

Xie Lian laughs eyes watering. "San Lang you're so ridiculous! I'm afraid I don't think I'd be satisfied with you just by my side. I may have to be selfish. I may just have to request to stay by your side. For that is where I belong. That is where I'm happy. I shall protect you as well as I'm able. I shall hope for those days when I can comfort and indulge you. I can't wait for those days I can confidently say I spent my eternity with the man I love. The man who has always been there. The man who I learnt to love. The man I'll never stop loving."

Hua Cheng picks the god up spinning him around happily. "Eek San Lang!" Xie Lian giggles. The ghost places a kiss on his forehead. "Gege! Gege! You mean it? Let me take you home! We will go immediately!" He taps his temple. "Yin yu prepare a feast. Inform the citizens. His highness is coming home."

Xie Lian feels his body warm at the words. "San Lang." He calls hugging the ghost tightly. "How I wish I had found you earlier. I never knew how much I longed for this. Your like a drug. My drug and I shall forever be an addict."

Hua Cheng laughs smiling so happily Xie Lian has no choice but to do the same. "How bold of you husband. This simple maiden is blushing head to toe."

"Simple maiden my ass." Xie Lian laughs. "Oh my." Hua Cheng says dipping down. "What a dirty mouth. No no we can't have that." He says. "I must take you back and wash it out immediately."

Xie Lian smiles. "Then if I ask? If I ask it of you right now you'd say yes?"

Hua Cheng laughs. And it's so full of love. "Find out yourself."

Xie Lian smiles. "Husband, please, take me back home."

Hua Cheng pulls out two red dice left hand still holding the god tightly as the right tosses the dice. He walks forward hand on the handle. "Welcome home." He whispers as they step through.