Settling In

Haneul's pov

I pick Sakura up gently from my car and carry her inside the hotel.

No one questions me carrying an unconscious girl at 12 in the night but I guess that was because I owned it.

"Please get a first aid kit in her room" I tell the receptionist and she nods.

I take Sakura up to her room and place her on the bed carefully, making sure that she doesn't wake up.

I sit down beside her and place a hand on her forehead.

She was burning up with fever.

I run my fingers through her soft hair and she smiles a little in her sleep.

Was it because she took that hit for me that she had a fever?

I try not to cry as I lightly trace over the red marks and cuts on her neck but fail miserably as tears run down my face.

That bastard had clearly tried to choke her.

"Don't cry" I hear a soft voice and I open my eyes.

Her black doe eyes were staring at me with concern, breaking me even more.

She was so innocent, so naive yet because of me she-

"Shh, it's okay, don't cry" she says softly and sits up.

She moved towards me and standing up on her knees put her hand on my cheek, wiping the tears with her thumb.

Her soft touch immediately calmed me down but when I tried to look into her eyes, I couldn't.

Afterall, she got hurt because I told her to expose the first ace.

Why did I ask someone else to do what I was supposed to do anyways?

Oh right, because I hated her at first....

She stood up silently withdrawing her hand from my face and every cell in my body silently screamed for her touch again.

"I'll go and change Azrael. Also, I don't want to go home for sometime so please call the contact saved as Jem on my phone and tell her that. My passcode is 120613 " she instructed before disappearing into the bathroom.

I quickly take out her phone and text Kim Je Mi about what her friend told me.

Why was she not going home?

"I will be in the room next to you if you need me for anything" I shout before walking to the door of her room.

I suddenly feel a hand grab mine and I stop.

I turn back and see Sakura in a bathrobe holding my hand and looking down on the floor.

"As much as it hurts my pride, can you please not go?" she says with desperation clear in her voice and my heart softens.

"Don't get me wrong, I just don't feel like being alone tonight" she looks at me through her long lashes before dropping my hand running back to the bathroom.