ii. girls just want to have fun

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥, the Wheelers sat down for their usual breakfast at the table

𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥, the Wheelers sat down for their usual breakfast at the table. Hailey looked at Mike, who was shoving Eggos into his mouth with his hands, not using a fork or knife and barely even chewing. 

"Slow down, Mike. That's disgusting," Hailey scoffed, rolling her eyes at her brother. She didn't understand why he was practically inhaling the waffles, considering this morning happened to be one of the rare times where the kids weren't running late for school, giving him no reason to need to eat in such a hurry. 

Nancy hummed in agreement, causing Mike to glance over at her. "Do a lot of studying last night?" Mike had caught Steve Harrington attempting to climb up to the second floor of the house, so he was well aware that Nancy hadn't been up in her bedroom studying all night if Steve was also there. 

Hailey couldn't help but to smirk at that, despite Nancy nodding. "Yeah, actually, I did." Surprisingly, Nancy wasn't lying. Steve had shown up unexpectedly and had agreed to help her study for the chemistry test that was happening today. They had sat on her bed as he quizzed her based on the flash cards that she had prepared. Of course, in typical Steve Harrington fashion, he had tried to turn it into a strip-study session but Nancy had made it clear to him that she wasn't interested in being another notch on his belt and he respected that, proceeding with quizzing her with flash cards. 

"What was your test on again? Human anatomy?" Mike asked.

Nancy kicked his foot under the table, Mike kicking hers back. "Hey, what's going on?" Karen asked, confused by the interaction, as she felt the table shake slightly. 

"Nothing," both siblings muttered. 

*

At school that morning, Hailey and her friends stood by her locker as Hailey started to fill them in on her little encounter with Steve the previous night. 

"Steve went over to your house last night?" Chrissy asked Hailey in disbelief.

Hailey nodded, grabbing her books from her locker and slamming the door shut, turning to face the girls properly. "Yep. He tapped on my window thinking it was Nancy's. The only similarities between our bedrooms is the Tom Cruise poster."

"Do you think they hooked up?" Becky asked.

Hailey pondered, "I don't know. If they did, they're impressively quiet. Plus, I think Mike's onto Nancy 'cause he totally cornered her this morning about 'studying' last night but she didn't look or sound like she was lying when she said she studied. But, I mean, what are the chances Steve would've been willing to hang around to study. He didn't take off until, like, midnight," she rambled. "Anyways, enough about my sister and her boyfriend, what's going on with you and Jason Carver?" she asked Chrissy.