iv. harrison ford vs. tom cruise

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲

𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝

𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝. His dead body had been found in the quarry the previous night. While Hawkins was buzzing over the death, the disappearance of Barbara was also starting to make the rounds. While Hailey remained rather unaffected by the two losses, as she barely knew either of them, Nancy was on edge about Barb's disappearance. She seemed to have all of these theories, and they kept getting crazier and crazier.

Hailey, Nancy and Steve stood in the ally by the school's gym. It was a common spot for students to sneak out to. Whether it was to talk, or make out, it was the perfect place in the school for privacy. Hailey leaned against the brick wall, trying to focus on what Nancy was saying. She found herself getting distracted easily by the football players running laps on the field nearby. Plus, her sister was just so boring to listen to, which didn't help. 

Nancy explained to the two teens about her little adventure to Steve's house the other day, looking for Barbara and her findings in the woods. "So, wait a sec. I don't understand. You went back to my house?" Steve asked, clearly confused. 

"To look for Barb," Nancy clarified.

"Yeah, okay, but why didn't you just talk to me?" he asked, "That's crazy."

Nancy sighed, "I don't know, I-I was scared."

"You seriously think you saw a guy in a mask just hanging out in his yard?" Hailey asked, chuckling at how ridiculous it sounded. She had no idea her goodie-two-shoes twin did drugs. That would be the only logical explanation for what the girl saw. That or she's just crazy. If that's the case, Hailey figured she'd wait a few days before giving Pennhurst a call. 

"I don't think it was a mask."

"But he had no face?" Hailey asked, with a smirk. As if!

"I don't know! I don't know, I just- I have a terrible feeling about this," Nancy said exasperatedly.

"You do realize this has got to be one of the stupidest things you've ever said, right?" Hailey asked, earning an eye roll from Nancy. "What drugs have you been taking, Nance. 'Cause I might need to tell Eddie 'The Freak' Munson to lay off a little," she laughed, not taking Nancy's theories seriously at all. 

She could be talking to her friends about real stuff. Like Tina's party next week, or Tom Cruise in All the Right Moves. But no, she was stuck in an ally with her stupid twin and her twin's stupid boyfriend talking about how E.T. may have taken Barb. Again, as if!

"Oh, this is bad. This is really bad," Steve spoke, before Nancy could give Hailey shit for not taking her seriously. 

"What?"