BURNED BRIDGES/CH.(3)

I sat at my desk looking at ideas for our new project, spending time with Corey at the club

I sat at my desk looking at ideas for our new project, spending time with Corey at the club. I found out that he was intelligent and funny. He texted me this morning asking if I wanted to have lunch with him, I said yes with my greedy ass. My train of thought was cut short when my boss walked into my office.

"Sorry to interrupt you, but I need your opinion about some."He said while looking at papers.

"It's fine, I was just trying to figure out some colors for the new magazine, but what can I help you with Mr.Anderson."

"I was a little confused about the size of fronts to put for the  magazine don't what to make it too big." He said while showing the draft prints.

" I think you should put the title of the magazine in a larger font and put other stuff in smaller fonts. Because the title is going to catch the person's attention."

"Thanks, you are such a good help." He said walking out of my office.

I looked at the time seeing it was time for my lunch break and checked my email before leaving. I walked out of the office to get to the cafe and eat. The sound of my stomach growling made me sigh. All I could do was hope that the place had good food.

Once I got to the cafe, I spotted people eating and having conversations. My heels clicked against the concrete as I walked toward an empty table. The sound of someone calling my name grabbed my attention and made me look to the right.

My eyes landed on Corey who was waving me over. A small smile appeared on my face as I walked over to him. He smiled as I took a seat.

"I'm sorry if I kept you waiting, I had work to do." I sighed clearing my throat.

"You don't have to apologize. I know how busy work can be." He waved me off. I nodded my head and looked down at the menu.

"Let's look through this menu because I've never been here before," He admitted.

"Neither have I."

"Damm, I hope the food isn't nasty," he said causing me to laugh. He let out a chuckle as he looked at the menu.

Just hope this food is good, I thought.

I logged into my Instagram account that I used to be nosy on Shy's Instagram page since she blocked me on my original Instagram account

I logged into my Instagram account that I used to be nosy on Shy's Instagram page since she blocked me on my original Instagram account. I clicked on her story to see what she posted to see she was on a date with that nigga Corey. I'm unsure why she like that corny ass nigga I don't care for him because he knew that Shy and I had something going on. My thoughts were interrupted when Sara walked into the house with a blank expression on her face.

"Hey babe, how was your day at work?"

"It was okay, I'm just tired from all that paperwork."She said.

"Well relax because I'm about to get us some Chinese food," I said while kissing her.

I walked out the door to my car, I was driving to Shy's house, and I thought about what I should say to her. Hopefully, she will listen to what I have to say.

As I parked the car, I let out a sigh. I opened the car door and stepped out. All I could think about was the possibility of Shy not giving me the time of day. I knocked on the door and waited for her to answer.

The door opened and she looked at me confused.

"What are you doing here?" she questioned with her arms folded.

"Look, I know I'm the last person you want to see right now but I need to talk to you." I sighed.

"Talk to me about what?"

"I know you're seeing this nigga Corey but he ain't no good for you. He not what you need."

"Let me guess you know what I need?" she scoffed as she rolled her eyes.

"Shy-"

"No, I don't care what you have to say. I've finally decided to move on and you're mad. Don't you have a girlfriend?"

"You came to my house hoping that I'd listen to you because I was once stuck on you. I didn't even think of moving on but now that I am it's a problem." she rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.

"Don't come back here again Zahir, we're done," she said before she closed the door.

I shook my head at the door closing and walked off.

"Fuck." I muttered.

Do you think Zahair is regretting how he did Shy?

How do you about Zahair coming to Shy's house unannounced?

Why does Zahair feel the need to tell Shy that Corey isn't right for her?

Vote and leave comments<3

Please excuse the short chapters
Thank you for reading my books and enjoying them(: