Chapter 3 "Mission"

You'd step up to the front gate and push it open the gate, making a loud creaking noise as it slowly opened.

Stepping inside and you'd look around for a second before looking over to Qrow.

"Why are we here?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I expected the place to be overrun with Grimm, but... Unless these buildings are actually Grimm in disguise, I don't see any."

"Of course, they wouldn't be just out there instantly, you dumbass."

"What the were the mission details?" You said, rolling your eyes.

"What do you know about mission details?"

"Some old man I knew told me about it."

"Mhm. Apparently we're here because the neighboring town to the left supposedly heard screams. And this place is supposed to be abandoned."

"Evidently, the place doesn't look abandoned. Is there any history in this place?"

"Why would I know?"

You sigh.

"Who are we looking for? Boy? Girl?"

"Wasn't included. Just a scream heard."

"I'm feeling we would've been better off looking for a treasure without a treasure map or any hints of where to start."

"Eh, probably. This mission is a bit strange, although."

"In what way?"

"Just as you said. The lack of information. For a search and destroy mission, there would normally be much more information, but this... This is barely played over. It's like a clumsy report."

"Then what was Ozpin thinking sending us on this mission?"

"No clue. I've known the guy for a few years, and I still just can't seem to understand what goes through his head."

***

Ozpin sat at his desk in his office. Glynda beside the desk watching as you and Qrow left the room.

"Ozpin, why did you send them on this mission? The report was clumsy at best."

"I honestly cannot tell you that reason for I myself don't know. But the mission stuck out to me for an odd reason."

"Let's hope that 'odd reason' doesn't get 2 huntsmen killed."

"Let's hope not."

***

Raven sat in her person office reading over the file.

But for some reason, every time she saw the name (Y/N) you came to mind.

Could it be because you were the only person she knew named (Y/N)? Or could it be because she was thinking of you?

I'll let you decide that.

'The (L/N) family... A peculiar bunch, to say the least. With some digging Vernal did we found that Vance (L/N) has been involved in some shady things. Blake (L/N) is a accused of being a sham of a hunter, but those accusations were buried deep, but not deleted.'

Raven's head would fall up to the roof with a soft sigh.

'I'll have to get my dumb brother to see if he could get me a chance to talk with (Y/N).'

Remembering your drunken words, a small smile would appear on her face.

'He's... He's something...'

Your drunk actions coming to mind her expression would become a little serious.