Chapter Six- Make It Make Sense

(A/N Be sure to be periodically checking the cast list as I am constantly adding to it. It might be a hassle but its just me letting the story flow on its own instead of trying to plan everything out from the get go!)

"I miss when our crime scenes used to be metahuman murders." I said leaning back in the office chair as I continuously threw a ball into the air and catching it as it came back down.

Nora looked up from her microscope that she had been studying a dna sample in.

She raised her eyebrows as she looked over at me. "Seriously?"

I shrugged as I caught the ball and didn't throw it again as my attention turned towards West-Allen. "Yeah sure, it made the city way more dangerous but it sure was a lot less boring."

Nora gave a quick hmph in agreement before returning to her work, our work technically.

"How's your mom?" Nora asked out of the blue.

I was so caught off guard by that question I nearly fell out of my chair.

"I meant Madison, I would never ask about the woman you knew as your mom." She said as her face went soft.

"I know, I know." I said walking over to the desk she was working at and sat on the corner of it. "Just caught me off guard, but Madison. She's good, her and my dad both were extremely confused but I think they ended up understanding? I hope." I took a deep breath. "Honestly, I still have trouble remembering it myself."

Nora smiled and patted my knee. "I can help." She took a scratch piece of paper and a pen and began to draw.

"This was the original timeline." She said drawing a circle, being born from Madison all the way to quantum taking me through time. She then drew another circle with 1995 drawn over it and under it said When your grandmother birthed you with a line drawn all the way to now.

"So, when you were born Madison and Richard knew you as their son. You were taking and they were destroyed that they had lost their only child. You being a temporal anomaly didn't make them forget you or change the timeline. It only resulted in you being born from your grandmother instead." Nora started.

"Amanda." I said to her. "That was her name."

Nora smiled. "It's a pretty name."

We smiled at each other before continuing. "Now, Madison still has the memories of you being born in twenty twenty three. That part doesn't change because physically, you were there. But she still has the Memories of her brother Lukas Vincent who disappeared in twenty twenty one. Which is why she fought with your father to name you Lukas after her late brother." She said the final part holding up two fingers in quotes.

"That makes it so much easier to wrap my head around." I said feeling a heavy weight lifting off my chest.

"Don't be ashamed if it doesn't all make sense. Dad and I still have trouble thinking about it ourselves." She said patting my leg again.

"So, technically I was Peter Parker first but I have memories of being Lukas Vincent. Which one does that make me?" I asked standing up.

Nora crossed one leg over the other from behind her desk. "That's for you to decide. You get to be whoever you want to be. Spiderman or Tachyon. Lukas Vincent or Peter Parker."

The radio on the table started to talk and I instinctively looked out the window of the precinct towards the sirens that had roared to life.

I looked back to the clock and back at Nora.

She gave me a chuckle. "It's late, we're good to go whenever."

I just stood there and stared at her. "What are you still doing here?" She asked me as she shooed me out. "Go, be a hero. I'll see you back at the apartment."