Chapter Eleven- Dr. Snow

"What if she doesn't see us?" Bart asked. "It's been so long, maybe she wants nothing to do with us?"

"Relax, Bart." I said as we pulled open the doors to Snow Incorporated. "She'll see us."

"Yeah maybe you, you were actually friends with her." Nora said. "To her we're just her annoying little niece and nephew."

"Hello." I said approaching the secretary.

"How can I help the three of you today?" She asked without looking up.

"We're here to see Caitlin Snow." I said to the lady.

She looked up and scowled. "It's Doctor Snow, and do you have an appointment."

"No, but it's important." I argued.

"I'm sorry, sir. Dr. Snow is a very busy woman so without an appointment the answer is no."

"Please."

"Lukas." Nora said pointing to the top of the stairs where a woman with brown hair stood smiling from the top. Dressed in a lab coat and black jeans.

"Charolette. Cancel my appointments and meetings for today. These three are always welcome here." Caitlin said to her.

"Right away, ma'am." The secretary said. "Sorry, about that." She said apologizing.

I smiled. "Told you she'd see us."

We trotted up the stairs where Caitlin was waiting for us.

"Lukas Vincent, you haven't aged a day." She said as we hugged. "I'm so happy you're back."

"Caitlin, you look so young." I said chuckling as we entered her lab. "Caitlin, I'm so sorry about Frost. . . If I was around I could've. . ." I was cut off.

"Lukas, enough. There's nothing you could've done." Caitlin said sadly. "You can't blame yourself. Anyone in your shoes would've made the same decision."

"I'm sorry." I said quietly.

"So, what brings you to Snow Incorporated?" Caitlin asked. "I know it wasn't to see an aging old lady."

"Well, to be fair. After the falling out, we didn't think you wanted anything to do with us." Nora admitted.

I looked at her. "Falling out? What happened?"

Caitlin took a deep breath. "I was doing experiments on myself, trying to bring Frost back to life. Barry, didn't agree with it. But I couldn't stop, I just couldn't. After Ronnie and what I thought was Jay. I couldn't lose someone else I loved. So, after a couple of years of doing them in secret. Barry, he found out, we got into a big fight and I left the team. Team Flash broke up, and it was my fault."

I saw the look in her eye, she didn't have any regrets. Which would only mean one thing.

"The experiments, they worked. Didn't they."

Caitlin smiled as her hair turned white and her eyes turned silver. "Long time, no see webhead." Her frosty tone spilt through the room as the temperature dropped.

I looked at Nora and Bart who were just as shocked as I was.

"You just let me pour my heart out, while you've been alive."

"I'm touched, really Luke." Frost said hugging me.

Caitlin's hair turned back to brown and her eyes back to green. "How did you know?"

"Like I said, you look like you haven't aged a day." I said to her. "How did you do it?"

"With Cisco's help, I recreated a particle accelerator explosion." She shrugged. "We haven't figured out how to separate our bodies, last time it happened it kind of just happened naturally but for over twenty years, nothing." Caitlin said.

"I'm guessing Dad doesn't know?" Bart asked.

Caitlin shook her head. "I don't want to know how he'd react, so for now. I'd like to keep it that way. Now, what can I help you all with."

Nora followed Caitlin through the lab leading the way for me and Bart. "Last night there was a particle accelerator like event. We don't know if the cities been changed as of right now."

"It's still new to use we don't have the technology we used to have at STAR Labs, but I know what I saw. An orange shockwave, sending the city into a blackout. Riots in the street." I said to her.

"I know, Frost was there." Caitlin looked around at the skeptical faces. "Helping, I promise."

There was a man, dressed in green military like armor with a purple cloak. He had bombs that looked like pumpkins and was riding a glider. I think he's behind this. Nora and Bart sent him packing when he attacked me."

"You have no evidence, no leads to go on you couldn't even take action if I agreed to help."

"We need you Caitlin, you and Frost." I begged.

She stood up from her microscope. "Two and a half speedsters and a spider. I think you're more than capable of defeating a man on a glider."

Nora and Bart looked at me.

Caitlin saw the look. "You don't have your speed."

"None of us do." Nora said. "It disappeared this morning. We don't know why or how but look. The Speedforce is still in our system." She said as her feet danced purple.

Caitlin nodded. "Okay, let me run some tests."

"Thank you." I said to her.

Caitlin came back minutes later with an tablet in her hands.

"It doesn't make sense. Your cells are reacting as normal and the Speedforce detected in your system is at one hundred percent."

"It's being suppressed. That's the only explanation." I said. "Will you help us?"

"Luke, I'm way too old to be a superhero, those days are long behind me." Caitlin said. "I have a career here, I can't throw it away."

I scribbled an address on a slip of paper and handed it to her.

"I know you'll change your mind, so this is where you can find us." I said to her before the three of us headed out of her lab.

"How do you know I'll change my mind?" She asked.

"Because I know you. We need you, Cait."

She nodded and gave a small smile before the three of us left.

"Great, now we're out of options." Bart said as we walked down the stairs.

An idea popped in my head. "Maybe not."