.:Chapter 7-He's an Inspiration:.

During lunch, Mac sat next to Jarred and Li Mei, as per usual. The two of them knew there was something going on with the boy as of late, but neither knew what. Mac grabbed an apple from his bag and took a big bite from it, juice oozed from his mouth and dribbled down his chin. He wiped off the excess and once he swallowed, he grabbed a loose piece of paper from his bag and slammed it on the table, startling Jarred and Li. "Woah, dude wuzzat?" Jarred asked, "These are the phone numbers of some of the boxers that worked in the WVBA during the 70s," Mac explained, "Neat, huh?", "What do you need that for?' Li Mei asked.

'I wanna try digging deeper into this whole Kid Quick thing, why people loved him so much and how his death impacted the guys, ya know?"

"Yeaaaaahhhh" Jarred said with a wide, tired grin before it sloped into a small frown, "No..." he admitted. Mac rolled his eyes with a smirk as he pulled his phone out, before his hand was grabbed by Li Mei in a panic. "Mac, before you do this, can I ask," She started, wringing her fingers together, "Is this because of what happened on Monday?", "I...no it's not...not really anyhow" Mac said, reaching again for his phone.

Li Mei tapped the table in worry, "A-Are you sure it's not-", "IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRAINING! OK?" he yelled. Mac covered his mouth with his hand and brought it onto his friends in a panic. "I-I'm sorry Li, I didn't mean to yell..." Mac apologized, "...but I need to do this..maybe if I learn...I can understand why everyone acts the way they do when we so much as mutter his name", "O-ok then..." Li Mei said with a nod. Jared gave her a pat on the back, "Don't worry, he ain't lashing at you" he explained, leaning in to whisper, "It's probably inner turmoil, my uncle has it A LOT", "Ya know I can hear ya, right?" Mac said.

The older teen gave a smile, which was met with a shove from Mac. The trio laughed. "Anywho," Mac continued, "I'mma get to calling, the sooner the better. It's not gonna be easy but I need to do this...for me...for Doc...for Dean...", "Then we will help you" Li Mei said with a smile, Jared nodded in response, "Yeah bro, besides I wanna get a scoop on Quickie too, ya know?"

"Serious?" Mac asked with a smile, both his friends gave a happy nod and smiled back. Mac chuckled happily, "Thank you both, really" he said, "This means a lot", "No sweat bro, Now who we got first?" Jared asked.

Mac grabbed the paper and looked at the first name. A man named Ben Paora. Mac remembered that name being brought up a few times by Doc. He was known in the ring for being the most intimidating opponent you could fight, and he wasn't even top of his circuit either! The man had the most terrifying stage presence. He apparently made Mr Macho Man cry once. "Ooh! Benny Boy!" Jared exclaimed, "I can ring him during study!", "And I can ring that next name down...who is that? Archangel?"

Oscar Levington, better known by his stage name, Archangel, was the champion of the Minor Circuit. Mac didn't know too much about him though. The most he knew about him was that he wore a big pair of metal wings, which were painted a beautiful golden-copperesque color.

Mac nodded as he flicked the paper to his friends so they could write down the numbers they would call. "I'mma see if I can get a word in to Robin after school, Doc will let me see him" Mac explained. His two friends nodded, as they finished taking down the numbers on the paper before Mac took it back. Soon the bell rang and the three friends said their goodbyes as they headed off to class. Jared was headed towards his car to go 'study at the library'. Normally he would just go to the park and hit a few blunts, but today he was headed there to make a very VERY important phone call.

A few minutes later he arrived at the park, went to his favorite bench and began flicking to the number he had written down. He dialed it in, hit the green button and waited. The tone buzzed for a few seconds until a raspy voice called from the other end. "Uh-huh, Kia Ora?" the voice greeted, "Uh, Hey bro! My name's Jared an-"