Masters Tests (Ch.8)

For the past few hours, my master and I slept in silence... It was odd not using our ship. Most of my time was spent meditating and focusing on my Force abilities. My master's allowed me to study many areas of the force, most dark in origin.

Several times he mentioned Sith Alchemy when he was teaching mental manipulation. With the ability to impart my ideas to the unwilling mind, I could control them and tell them what to do. Of course, it wasn't helpful in battle, but he made me practice on animals found on the planet.

"WAHHH! WAH! WAH!"

I sat up and shook my head, turning to the woman and her baby directly opposite us in their little section on the ship. The toddler had started screaming not even an hour ago and was at it again.

Y/N: "Of course, he would be up."

The mother turned to me. She was human and appeared to be in her late thirties. The shadows under her eyes make it clear she has slept much less than I, the guilt on her face was evidence enough.

Mother: "I'm sorry... He just doesn't want to sleep."

My hand raised on its own; I told the mother it was fine and got up from my mattress, deciding to wake my muscles up.

Since we decided to travel by local means, we took a large freighter ship...

Used for guests who....

Needed to sneak on or off-world and didn't have to pay a hefty price for a legal ticket... I could understand; being on Mustafar was a nightmare, and if it was anything like the Hutt planet I was on before. I'd sooner kill everyone on board than stay another minute in that festering hell.

Even still, the freighter gave us something of an old storage room to stay in, a joke. This section of the ship would be where they kept the speeder bikes, smaller vessels, and cargo crates. Which should be hanging above our heads. Yet, it wasn't exactly what I thought a Blackguard user would use for transportation.

But a shipping carrier, I was surprised by how many people could fit in here. Mentally I sighed, found a corner no one had taken up yet, and sat there in silence.

Taking up my meditating position... Soon enough, I felt like I could sleep here.

[Time Skip]

Drogund: "Apprentice, wake up!"

My head jolted, eyes opened with a new sense of energy. Glancing up, I found my master staring down at me. Even with his mask off, it was odd to see his right eye.

He pointed to the bay doors, which were finally open... With the 'Trader' giving my master the eye. Without hesitating, I got to my feet and walked beside my master, pulling up my hood just as he did.

As we stepped out of the ship...

I was shocked.

The number of aliens, humans and all the in-between were walking past us, getting off their ships while others clambered on inside. It was astonishing. I'd often seen large swarms of alien species around the Coliseum. Although, I never got this close. They came in all varieties; I even think I saw one that appeared almost spider-like with eight arms in total.

Drogund: "Come along... I'll not wait for you. Unfortunately, we're already behind schedule."

I remained silent and walked beside my master; we appeared to be the only ones wearing hoods and cloaks. My head moved on its own, quickly spotting someone reaching for my master pocket. Before I could do anything, my master had struck the Twi'lek's hand and then grabbed him by his collar.

The Twi'lek shrieked, primarily when he focused on those yellow eyes. The twi'lek nearly jumped out of his skin as my master threw him into a lamp post, almost knocking him out.