Chapter 8 ✔️

—————
—Althea
—————

Early hours in the morning, I was woken up by my phone violently vibrating against my bedside table. At first, I left it to ring, not wanting to get up just yet, but the second it stopped ringing, it started to ring again. And again.

"Ughh." I groaned tiredly with my face in my pillow as I reached over and picked it up, answering it without checking who it was, not even lifting my face, just turning it slightly while pressing it to my ear.

"Hello," I grumbled sleepily as I rolled onto my back, still laid down in my bed, blinking slowly to adjust to the light peaking through my curtains.

"Hey, sorry. I didn't know you was still asleep." The voice spoke over the phone, which I couldn't quite recognise because my brain was in no way able to function until at least 7am, and it is currently only 6:15am.

"Sorry, who is this?" I asked in a hushed voice, softly rubbing my eyes as I fought the urge to roll over and go back to sleep.

"It's Jasper. I wanted to talk to you before school. Is it alright if I come in?" He asked, taking me by surprise.

"You're outside my house?" I exasperated, practically falling out of my bed, stumbling onto my feet to peer out of my bedroom window to see if Jasper was stood in my front garden. He was. It's a good thing that Isaac stayed with Alice last night.

"Yes," he replied, waving up at my window so I rolled my eyes and gave him a glare.

"Let yourself in. The door should be unlocked." I said, soon hanging up the phone as I waited for a moment. It wasn't long before he came up to my room, knocking lightly on the door, then slowly walking in.

"Is everything alright? What did you need to talk about?" I asked curiously as I picked up a hairbrush and carefully brushed it through my messy hair while I listened for a response.

"Bella knows about us, as in me and my family. Edward told us that she figured it out. She knows about Isaac and Christian, so I feel she might think that you're also a vampire." Jasper informed, as I let out a sigh and nodded.

"Okay, thank you for telling me. I really appreciate it. I'll speak to her at some point to clear a few things up." I responded gently while I tied my hair up into a tidy ponytail and picked up my glasses, which made him smile.

"Don't look at me with that face." I said, walking past him, making sure to push his shoulder with mine as I walked over to my wardrobe.

"What face?" He grinned mischievously.

"That one." I flailed my hand in his direction before reaching into my wardrobe and pulling out a navy blue Henley and a pair of nice, simple black jeans.

"Apologies, ma'am," I don't know what it is about the way he says ma'am, but it's soo... fucking hell he has way too much control and I have so little. He can probably hear my heart trying to beat its way out of my chest.

"You can have a little nosy around while I change." I told as I walked behind my changing screen, so that I could get changed. I could hear him touching things that he saw, but not enough that things would become messy or misplaced.

"You have a beautiful mind. I don't even understand a quarter of the things you have written down." He said in awe, just loud enough for me to hear him. I assume he was looking at my open notebooks scattered around my room, along with a few pieces of paper that I taped to my mirror.

"I know." I laughed pulling my shirt over my head and then waking over to Jasper once I was fully dressed.

"A little arrogant, aren't you, ma'am?" He said, making a flutter go through my chest, and my breathing hitch as he called me ma'am, again.