Chapter 12 ✔️

—————
—Althea
—————

A week has gone by and I haven't been in school because I've been unwell. Having seizures, and fainting. Not to mention, I didn't know if I'd be able to handle being around Jasper. His effects on me make me feel undeniably vulnerable and it terrifies me. Bella came over every so often, usually bringing me a coffee and a pain au chocolat from the café down the street. I told her that she didn't need to, but she insisted.

She knew about the whole Jasper situation and was both surprised and not even slightly surprised. She agreed not to tell Isaac, which wasn't a problem for her since she never really spoke to him. Edward knew too since he read Jaspers mind. Edward came over with Bella a few times, which I appreciated. He's a lot nicer than he looks. Not the best conversationalist but when you get him talking about something he enjoys or is passionate about, he's good to have a conversation with. Also a good person to rant to because he just listens. Bella picked a good one.

Isaac spends most of his time out of the house with Alice because she insists that he needs to do something other than hover over my shoulder and worry if I make even the slightest movement. He messages and calls me and Christian every 20 minutes checking that I'm still alive.

"Thea, you need to get out of the house for a little bit." Isaac said as he looked over at me. I was sat in the living room at the old piano, moving my fingers as I played Experience by Ludovico Einaudi.

"Althea." He said in a louder tone, causing my finger to slip, and I messed up, turning my head to him as it happened.

"What?" I asked with a huff as I glanced at him.

"You need to get some fresh air." He said softly, walking over to me and placing his hands on my shoulder.

"I don't want to." I responded, turning back to the piano and picking up where I left off, playing with pure passion. I love playing the piano, even though I don't often do so.

"Please, Thea. Just for five minutes. We can go for a walk in the woods and sit in the flower patch." He attempted to convince, but I was still playing the piano. I know that fresh air would be good, but I don't want to go out there just to pass out. Being unconscious in public makes me nervous, as it would with anyone. It means I'm vulnerable, and you've always got to be cautious in this town.

"Only if Chris comes as well." I negotiated, which made Isaac smile. My eyes still focused on my fingers as I sped up.

"Done, now go get changed." He kissed my cheek before heading out of the living room to go and get Chris.

I finished the song before getting up to go shower, and put on a pair of denim jeans, a graphic t-shirt and one of her brothers jackets.

I styled my outfit with a simple pair of black and white converse trainers and my typical jewellery, while letting my hair flow loosely, cascading over my shoulders before heading downstairs to my brother and father.

"Hey, that's my jacket." Isaac said, pointing at me the second I walked in.

"You left it in my room and it looks better on me, anyway." I chuckled, receiving a laugh from Christian as he and Isaac walked over to me.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart." Christian said with a smile as I stuck my tongue out at Isaac, who did the same back at me before heading out of the house together.