17| Teamwork time

KAILANI

"Hey look, Giselle's coming." Eldon said. In internationals all the dance captains have a meeting about what the next round is going to be.

"Hey." Giselle said when she got back. "Hey." I said. "So what's the first round?" Thalia asked.

"Okay so basically, they're putting 4 dancers from different nations onto one team, so you have to learn how to work together. The thing is there's 40 teams and only the top four advance." Giselle said.

Everyone looked around in shocked, "so...there will only be 16 countries left?" I said terrified.

Giselle nodded, "gosh." I said. "Well do we know who the best fit is from our studio?" Eldon asked.

"Well we get to choose." Giselle said. "Okay did they give any hints into who would be best?" Riley said.

"Speaking other languages is important. Kai didn't you learn french?" Giselle said.

"Yeah, I'm pretty fluent." I said. "Great we have our pick."

"No, Kailani can't do any dances she doesn't have to do. We don't need her ankle getting any worse. It's already risky to be doing the amount of dances you're doing." Ms. Kate said.

"But Ms. Kate-"

"No buts Kai, Giselle choose someone else."

"Uh, Thalia how many ways can you say hi." Giselle asked. "55, well 56 because i taught myself Swedish this morning."

"You speak 56 languages, I speak 1." West said. The team laughed, "No to West, Yes to Thalia."

"Your team is gonna be waiting up there." Giselle pointed. "All right let's go!" Ms. Kate said.

"Good Luck." The team all chorused to Thalia.

-

Giselle, Riley, Michelle, Cierra, and I were all rehearsing our 2-7 person dance since if Thalia got through this round was next.

Cierra was weirdly marking it, which isn't good because this is the next round. Her body won't have enough experience to know what it's doing, which can cost us on stage.

"Okay Cierra, why are you marking?" Giselle said as we stopped halfway.

"I just think that it's important that I save my energy. I mean I wanna save it all for the stage."

"Well everyone else is doing it full out." I said. "I don't think I had a big enough breakfast to be honest, my stomach kinda feels weird. Yeah, i'm feeling a little faint."

"Okay why don't you get some food and some water and come back." Giselle said.

"Okay thanks guys." Cierra said leaving. "I think we should replace her. She knows what A-Troupe is, why is she slacking off." I said.

"Woah!" Michelle said. "Kai's right, we're already in Miami, there's no more prep time for her to make up for it. We need to have someone who's going to dance full out right now." Riley said.

"Listen before we think about replacing her let me talk to her." Michelle said. "Well you let her know this is Internationals." Giselle said.

"Oh I'll let her know. see you guys later." Michelle said leaving.

-

It was later in the day, and Thalia and her group were the second to next group to go on.

I was sitting around the food area, and took out my ipad and called richelle and the rest of B-Troupe.

"Hey Kai!" Richelle said as she answered the call. "Hey Rich, what's up."

"Good, look we filled in the board." She siad turning the camera.

B-Troupe had made a score board, showing everything that was going on.

"What do you think?"

"It's impressive. It still makes internationals look confusing though." I said.

"I know there's so many teams." Richelle said as the rest of them nodded.

Michelle then came up to me, "Kai, we gotta go. Thalia's performing soon."

"Okay one second. Do you want to see the scoreboard B-Troupe made?"

"sure!"

"Hi Richelle." Michelle said, to her friend. "Hi." Richelle waved.

"It's to track internationals from TNS, impressive right?" I said as Richelle turned the Ipad around.

"It's awesome!"

When Richelle turned it back, Michelle cocked her head to the side. "Wait can you guys turn it back to the board?"

"To the left?"

Michelle and I looked, and saw the team before Thalia's had 95, and if they wanted to be guaranteed a chance they had to get at least a 96. that's a lot.

"Call you guys later. Thanks for the support!!" I said quickly."

"Bye!"

"Bye Kai!"

Michelle and I rushed to Thalia and her team so we can tell them. "Thalia, you have to get a 96 or above for us to move on to the next round." Michelle said.

Thalia told the Polish guy and he told the other two. "We'll try our best." Thalia said.

As she said that, the announcer said for the final team to get on stage.

Their dance was great, because there was an even amount of both genders they could add a lot of tricks.

I was sure that we would be able to get to the next round.

The audience cheered as the dance went on, and once the fence ended people stood up and yelled.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the final score is 96!"

Michelle and I turned to each other ad we cheered loudly, and the team onstage hugged each other.

"Yeah Thalia!" I yelled out to my teammate. This mean we were one step closer to winning internationals