2. What is this Feeling?

Content Warning:
Drug Mention
———————————-

You finally hang up the last poster on your living room wall. Taking a step back you admire your work, a fully decked out rocker/stoner home. This is an abode Nikki Sixx would be proud of.

Plopping yourself down on the couch, you turn on your TV. The end credits of The Empire Strikes Back start rolling.

Maybe I should return this before I watch it again. You think to yourself. You had watched it four times over the last couple of days trying to finish unpacking and moving things, which actually went very smoothly considering you did it alone. You eject the VHS, place it back in its case and tuck it under your arm before grabbing your keys and heading out the door.

Pulling into Family Video, you hop out of your car. You think back to when you came in the other day and met Robin and Steve, maybe they were here today? Maybe they wanted to hang out sometime? Your desperation for friends shows through a little as you slowly push open the door.

Steve stands behind the register today, his hair sitting high above his brows. He looks up and sees you walk in.

"Oh hey! It's (Y/N) right?" His voice booms through the otherwise silent store.

"Yeah!" You say excitedly. "Is Robin here too?"

His face drops slightly before answering,

"Yeah, we usually work together. What can I do for you today?" Steve says. His eyebrows pushed together as if he was confused why you asked. You hesitate for a moment before speaking.

"I came to drop this VHS off-" Your words stop abruptly, you realize you left the tape in the car. Starting your sentence again you stammer.

"I am- I am so sorry I left it in the... car." You awkwardly turn on your heel and start speed walking out of the store in embarrassment but not before running into a cardboard cutout of a actress from a new movie first.

Robin walks up to the front register smiling widely. She speaks through her teeth.

"That's our newest friend Steve, they'd fit right in."

-----------------------------------------------------------

You, Steve and Robin walk toward a diner. They had invited you to hang with them after they both got out of work at 8pm. It probably wasn't the smartest idea to trust the first people around your age you meet, however, you knew you would get lonely quick if you didn't find friends in this small town.

Steve nonchalantly holds the door open for Robin, who does the same for you. Holding the door open and walking through you look up and see the restaurant is empty for the most part. There's a few workers and some people eating at booths along the wall. Although, something catches your eye, or rather someone. You see a man standing at the other end of the diner, rocker hair for sure. And a black leather jacket?

oooh boy.

"What are you doing?" Steve asks you from the booth. You must have been standing in the doorway for a tad too long. You sit down next to Robin and look down at the table.

"Hey, you shouldn't associate with that freak, honestly. There's all these rumors about how he sacrifices high school girls to the devil and that's why he refuses to graduate." Steve continues. I look up at him for a second and then to the guy.

"Steve, you know those are just rumors." Robin replies swiftly.

You pipe up. "I mean he's attractive enough, I get why the girls are falling for it." You smile, internally laughing at your words.

Robin laughs and looks over to Steve who is now smiling. You look back to the "freak" who is now walking toward the exit, which is directly next to you all. He looks over.

You lock eyes.

Your heart skips a beat, but for just a second.

He looks away, paying attention to the door.

Your breath hitches as you try to focus again.

"He is pretty." You say slowly, trying to joke about the situation.

Robin sighs and retorts. "Pretty is a girl word, men don't get that one."

You laugh, trying to shake the butterflies you just felt. A middle-aged woman walks up to the table, a waitress, she's wearing a white button up and small plaid apron.

"What can I get you kids tonight?" She asks sweetly.

"I'll have french toast, oh, and a glass of orange juice." Robin answers immediately, looking to us for the next order. Steve stares at her like she's crazy for a second before talking too.

"Just the burger, with water please." Steve looks to you now, handing the paper menu to the woman.

"I'll have eggs and toast please, sunny-side-up...um, with a Coca-Cola." you say, smiling up at the waitress

You sit and talk with Steve and Robin for a short while before the drinks and food arrive to your table. Robin helps herself to dipping her french toast in your egg yolks, which you laugh at. You take a second to be appreciative that these new friends already treat you like equals instead of 'the new one'. It feels like you've already known them forever even though you only first met a few days ago.

"Hey," You say in between bites. "I know we technically just met, but I finished moving all of my things. Would you two like to come by after this? I don't have much to do outside of movies and board games but maybe it'll be fun?"

Robin's face lights up immediately.

"Yes we would love to come by." She seems excited to see your place. Steve seems to want Robin to be happy.

"Cool! Also..." You hesitate before continuing. "...Do you two know where I could get some pot in town? Sorry if that seems abrupt, I just haven't smoked in a few days and moving is stressful." You say, almost regretting you said it.

Robin looks over to Steve who smiles and leans into the table toward you.

"Your 'lover boy' freak is the only dealer I know of." He says sarcastically, smiling into his words. He continues after a pause.

"His name is Eddie Munson."