Chapter II: Adventure For Two

Outside, the seven pups were running around in a game of tag. It had been over half an hour since dinner, and now that their food was settled, they were ready to play. The setting sun painted a bright orange pastel across the sky as the pups chased each other around.

"You can't catch me!" Everest teased as she ran away with Rubble and Zuma a few yards ahead of her. Chasing the three was a determined Dalmatian running like a deer.

"Ha ha! Just you wait!!" Marshall called out as he gave himself a boost in his hind legs. Zuma and Rubble were already to far away, but he was steadily approaching the Husky. He couldn't help but admire her fluffy tail as it wagged back and forth. "So cute!" the Dalmatian thought as he fantasized a bit more than he should have. He just wanted to swat her tail and give it loving pets! Although Marshall could only see Everest's backside, he didn't mind in all honesty. Nope, not one bit! As he was only mere feet away, the Dalmatian and the rest of the pups were interrupted by their Pup Tags.

"PAW Patrol, to The Lookout!"

"Hey, we got a call!" Everest gasped as she came to a screeching halt. "That means Ry-" The Husky was cut off as a black and white bundle of fur crashed into her back. The impact knocked both pups off their paws, with Everest hitting the ground first and Marshall landing on her back. He looked down at her sheepishly with an embarrassment look.

"Sorry. The call distracted my attention." Marshall apologized, basking in her fluffy fur as she lay beneath him.

"No need to worry." Everest assured as she turned her head around towards him to meet his gaze. "I know it was an accident and- OH!" The Husky cut herself out with a squeak as her nose bumped into the Dalmatians nose. Her cheeks flared up in heat as she felt the dampness of his snout against her own. She moved her head back a bit in embarrassment and nervousness.

"S-s-sorry. I d-didn't me-ean to!" Everest stammered as she tried to get ahold of herself. "I-is your n-nose o-okay?"

Blushing himself, Marshall did his best to calm himself down as well as the sweet Husky in under him. "It's fine. I-I'm sorry for tackling you. My nose is A-OK; no injuries to report! By the way, you make a fluffy landing mat." He winked and stuck his tongue out at her.

Everest giggled and rolled her eyes at his teasing, finally calming down a bit. "W-well I'm glad to have been of service." she replied back, still a little flustered. "Oh! And I'm glad your cutesy, little nosey-wosey is fine too."

"Stooooop, you!" Marshall protested as his face heated up at her baby-like teasing. The two got lost in the other's eyes, admiring how the sun reflected the windows to the soul.

"Hey you two! Snuggle time is over; Ryder needs us for the mission."

Marshall and Everest snapped out of their gaze, quickly separating and rolling off each other as they got got back on their paws. The two had been so distracted, that they didn't notice the other five pups rushing past them. Taking deep breaths to calm their nerves, Marshall and Everest quickly caught up with the others as they entered the elevator. To everyone's amazement, the Dalmatian didn't crash into the others like usual.

"Woah, no wipeout? Awe YOU cwazy?" Zuma pointed a playful paw at Marshall.

"Haha! Guuuys, I just had my wipeout-of-the-day a few minutes ago." The Dalmatian laughed, alluding to his tumble with Everest.

Chase Smirked back at his friend. "Suuuuuuuuuuure. Looked like you were doing a bit more than just 'tumbling'." Everest hung her head down with a blush as Marshall looked back at Chase with narrowed eyebrows; cutting a paw across his throat with a deadpanned look.

"Okay, okay. Ease the tension fellas." Skye took charge to keep things from escalating. "I saw Marshall ram right into Everest. But luckily everyone's fine." She quickly flashed a small smile and a wink at Chase, of which the German Shepherd acknowledged with a smirk.