Mugglized

Feelings.

Sirius didn't like how he felt being in proximity to that person pretending to be Regulus Arcturus Black, let alone being helpful and waking the brat up so that Remus could get the bloody Death Eater to drink some water. And every so often, Remus would send him a look, that looks Remus got whenever he and James were acting childish, and he just wished they would knock it off already—if they couldn't, of course, convince him to join in.

And Remus wouldn't be joining in. There was just something—

She'd been there. Twice now. And she was convinced the man lying on the couch suffering from a concussion was, in fact, Regulus Arcturus Black. Yet, there were little things in Sirius's mind that didn't add up, such as how Regulus, who was left-handed, used his right hand instead or how Regulus wore Muggle clothing as if it were second nature to him. He'd even told Remus about the looks Regulus would give him when he—Sirius, that is—wore Muggle clothes around the house.

He'd even admitted on the off chance when Walburga Black visited again that he'd not been staying with anybody magical, that he'd been living among Muggles, which Sirius knew in the back of his head was the best place for anyone, particularly a Death Eater who was supposed to loath Muggles to hide. And he was rebellious about doing so, and Regulus wasn't defiant—or flippant. He was simply his soft, idiot brother who went along with what mummy and daddy wanted him to do.

"And don't get me started on him not caring about how his supposed death affected us, that it meant nothing," Sirius blurted out to Remus before the others started arriving, such as some of the Weasley family, so they could safely transport the children—Harry's friends to Grimmauld place where it was safe, yet not Harry. Instead, he got stuck with Regulus, or this Death Eater pretending to be him, so Sirius was definitely miserable.

That was what he felt when the orange furball that belonged to Harry's friend Hermione came hurtling through the door and pounced on Regulus, catching both of them off guard while Tonks let out a chuckle. And Regulus stared right before saying, "Crookshanks?"

Sirius opened his mouth, wanting to continue lecturing his brother about how he didn't need a condom, not really wanting to talk about his brother having sex at all, when he found himself stopping, confusion setting in—confusion that likely showed all to well on his face as well as his irritation. "How the hell do you know the name of that half-Kneezle?"

To which Regulus stared at him with wide eyes, much as he did when they were children, and he'd been caught doing something embarrassing that he'd not realized he'd been doing until Sirius pointed that something out. And there came no answer as Crookshanks broke out into an audible purr, Regulus' right hand draped over the orange fluff ball while the other dangled by the side of the couch.

And Tonks was laughing, finding the situation downright amusing.

Sirius did not, mainly since Crookshanks being there meant their owner was there, and he remembered the girl to be—he heard her speak from behind him, towards the door. "Hey."

It was meek, definitely sounding a bit unsure as Sirius turned to tell her that she'd best leave his Death Eater of a brother alone; as much as he hated admitting that person on the couch was related to him, those doubts circling in his head, that paranoia he'd thought he left behind already trying to resurface. He didn't get a chance to say anything about going Regulus well enough alone.

Because Regulus randomly blurted out in front of everyone in the room, "I want to have sex with your mom."

The feelings, all of those negative feelings, suddenly accumulated into one solidified negative feeling, at least for that moment. That feeling was absolute mortification that his supposed to be prim and proper younger brother would say such a thing to a young lady, which to Sirius was more proof that it wasn't Regulus. He turned, looking at Regulus wide-eyed, looking in Hermione's direction, speaking to her directly. "Excuse me?"