Spinning Bottle

October

~ Linus ~

Fall break is already right around the corner, about a week from now, and our trip to go camping still hasn't been planned yet. 

Procrastinating is a bitch.

The supposed plan is to go camping for about a week or so, and then head back home for the rest of the break. I sent a message on the group chat telling everyone to meet in our room in about 10 minutes to get this out of the way before finals.

Since classes began, knowing what I want to study has become harder. Having Jacob in my Econ course gives some advantages, copying his homework relieves stress.

I know Jacob isn't happy that I want Andrew to come, but I can't just not invite him to our trip. I haven't thought much about what Jacob said last time, wanting a second chance. 

A chance for us to date? Although I don't mind the idea, I still have open wounds from our high school one-way crush.

Besides, there's Andrew. He is...kind and opens up to me more, which is making me realize he is a genuine person. This pull of feelings from both sides is killing me, every day I know less about what to do. 

If only it were an easy choice.

My thoughts were interrupted by three hard knocks on the door, it must be them. I jumped to open the door, seeing Ria and Anna together in front and Leon standing with Andrew at the back, Andrew smiling at me as I looked in his direction. 

"Aye, the gang is here!" yelled Ria as she entered my room, everyone behind her followed. 

"Where's Jacob?" Leon asked,

"Uh, he went to take his chem final. His professor gave the exam earlier than expected, he should be back soon." I said, taking a seat at one end of the table, "Come on, sit down and wait till he comes." 

Ria dragged Anna down to the couch on one side of the table, Leon sitting beside them filling up the space. There was a slight knock, followed by Jacob coming in and throwing his stuff on the floor.

"Damn, that shit was hard. Hey, what's up everyone!" he shouted as he made his way to stand beside Andrew, who gave him a quick narrow look, shifting his sight back to the table.

"I'm glad to meet you guys! I'm Anna, I'll be here for support, I can take any tasks if necessary." Anna said, leaning towards Ria, who looked at her with a smirk,

"Aw, cutie, you all nice now?" Ria murmured, making everyone chuckle as Anna's face reddened. 

I took out my planning book and set it down on the table, writing down notes for things we needed to settle before the trip. I called out whose car we would take for the week, Andrew stepped in to say we could take his parent's van, which had enough seats for all of us.

I calculated the 7 days we would spend there and determined how much would go to food, gas, and camping materials.

 I agreed to pay for the camping site so that would be solely on me. I lifted the book, reading out loud how much we would each have to pay for this trip to happen,

"$400," I said, looking around and seeing everyone sigh in relief,

"Wow, that little for the whole week? Let's go!" shouted Leon,

"Uh, no. $400 each " I declared, watching their eyes widen, they looked at each other, nodding in agreement to the price. 

"Okay!" I concluded, closing my book and putting it away, "I will rent a campsite today and buy 3 tents for us to sleep in."