Chapter Three

Jasmine

We follow the woman into the back of the shop, Gavin is on high alert, walking tensely behind me.

"You can tell your wolf-mate to calm down. You aren't in any danger here" she says.

Her words surprise me, I look at Gavin to see that he's equally as shocked.

"Yes, I could sense him even with your little cover up attempt. You did a great job on that, but us older witches can spot a supernatural, regardless of how well you try to hide it. I could feel your power the minute you walked in here. When you picked up that book, I knew without a doubt you are who we've been looking for, Jasmine" she tells us.

"You see, that book has been in our coven for generations. Only those born from a witch in our coven can pick it up and open it. When you did, I knew you were Cassandras daughter, you look so much like your mother. The book was hidden away, but revealed itself to you, showing me that you are our long lost Jasmine. To finally see you again, brings me such joy. I thought you were dead, then I had a vision that you would come into my path again. I've waited many years for this day, this is truly a great blessing"

"If you knew I was alive, why didn't you come find me? Are there others still alive from our coven?" I ask her, trying to control my anger

"I'm sorry, Jasmine. The vision I had, showed me that you needed to be on this path to get to where you are. We couldn't come and intervene with your destiny. If we came, when I saw it, then you would have never crossed paths with Gavin. You were meant to meet him, he was also in my vision. Everything that has happened, has shaped you into the person you are meant to be. Without Gavin, you will have no chance of bringing your wolf out. Now that you have finally made your way to me, the next part of your journey begins" she says, handing me back the book.

"Inside this book are all the spells that your mother never got the chance to teach you. Many, that you were too young to understand yet at the time. As you've already figure out, I'm a seer, a blessing and a curse. That night was already predicted to happen, your mother knew that it was coming. She spent years getting you ready so you could survive without her. We just didn't know when it would happen. That night we were planning to do a spell, to try and bring forth your wolf, we were betrayed. Another coven, lead them right to us. We were so focused on the ceremony, we were caught off guard. The other coven took down our wards, letting the hunters in.
Protecting you at all costs, was always the plan. Your mother was willing to sacrifice her life to save you, and she did. As she was dying, her love for you sent a powerful blast, pushing out those who were attacking us. The last of us remaining, managed to secure our protection wards back up. But by the time we got back to you, you were gone. We burned our deceased, giving their ashes back to the earth, then relocated here, waiting for you to return to us. I'm so sorry we failed you that night, I know this is hard to hear. Knowing that this was all destined to happen, and unable to change the outcome. Please understand that when my visions come, you can not alter what happens. The ending will still be the same, one day or another day, your parents were destined to die, to save you" she tells me, with tears steaming down her face.

My hand grips my chest, my heart feels like it's going to explode. The pain of that night is flooding back, memories I've wanted to bury deep down. The tears flow, unable to stop them. I can feel myself on the verve of a panic attack, my chest tightening, my lungs unable to take in oxygen. Gavin wraps his arms around me, I collapse into him.

"Breathe baby, just breathe. You've got this, I'm here. I know this is a lot to take it. Just take a deep breath for me, my love" he says, as he slowly rubs my back.

I can't even begin to process all of that information she just unloaded on me. The thought of them knowing my parents would die, and not telling me,  not trying to stop it. How could they just keep me in the dark about everything for so long, they were supposed to be my family, people I was able to rely on. Now I see clearly, that I could never rely on them. My trust is destroyed, my heart is completely broken again. For years I've blamed myself, people have always hunted me. I've been a burden to my family, and it cost them their lives.

"Stop, Jasmine, whatever thoughts are churning in that beautiful mind, just stop them. None of this is your fault, your parents loved you. They sacrificed everything to keep you safe because they loved you. That's all you need to focus on, how much you are loved. I know this to be true, because I would do the same exact thing they did, just to protect you. You are worth everything Jas, and I would give up my life to keep you safe" Gavin whispers to me, still holding onto me tightly.

"What if I'm not enough, what if I never bring out my wolf, and I'm not strong enough to stop the people determined to kill me?"

"Shh, you are more than enough. You are the sun, my brightest light, always shining through. There is no amount of time, that I could even explain, on how long I wish to remain at your side. We are two souls, who came together as one. Even death wouldn't keep me apart from you, for I would fight the Goddess herself, just to return to you. You are so strong and brave, those hunters will never stand a chance. Together, we will take down your enemies, putting an end to the years of suffering you have endured. Together we will fight the world, if need be"