Death

MC's P.O.V

I am already 52 years old.
Its been so long for me.
All my old enemies has long gone rotting their flesh underground.

It was enough.
I tried living a normal life after that but if you are someone on top of the world, peoppe with ill intent to put you down or steal your peoperty will appear and new enemy will be created.

I closed the book I was reading.

"It's unlikely for you to be reading a sappy romance novel,Dad."

I look at the man on the door.
I raised this man to become the person he was today.
I am proud at one point.

"It was a three series novel. I always tried to finish what I started."

I look at him.
He smiles and placed a tea on the table.

"I bring you your favorite tea."

I keep looking at him.

"What's wrong dad?"

I sigh.
"Im already dying anyway. Do you  really have to do this?"

I take the tea cup and uses the spoon to stir it.

I saw in the edge of my eyes, my son, flinching.

"What do you mean dad? You are just 53. You will live longer."

I look at him who is looking on the floor as if he is fighting something.

"I know about that woman you impregnate in South. I also know you dont want to marry, Denise. If you dont want to marry her, you dont have to."

He suddenly smashes his fist in the table.

"What...What did you do to Charise?"

"I only send her to Austria. Its a bit bad in the place you hide her. Denise knows her exsistence. Itll be bad if something happened."

"Lies! I know you want to ruin my life! You wanted me to do anything you want. Not marry Denise? If I said no you will find ways for me to say yes!"

Ah..Im that kind of man.
In my son's eyes, Im the enemy. I yold him to not get easy on the enemy and kill them ruthlessly.
I look at the tea he gives me.

"Im serious."
I said flatly.

I press the button under the table and my lawyer enter in the secret door.
He was flustered.

Soon his angry expression turns to teary eyed.
Ah..How cute.
I adopted this boy because of his cute face when he was given something he wants.

"D...Dad. you really giving me everythi....DAD!"

I drink the tea.
Im old.
I dont have any happy memory.
Maybe the time I spend with the young Maurice.
After the incident where Maurice almost died from a food poisoning I become obssess of making him impregnable. Making him perfect. I dont want him to die or suffer like me.
But I realize after reading that sappy romance novel...That happiness is not determined by how perfect you are but how you live your life.
I am sorry Maurice, my son.
The way you smile and laugh with that woman you love. I am reminded of our past.
I may have done it for your safety but I took away your happiness.
Its too late for me to turn into a different man.
Dont worry. This tea doesnt have the poison you put. I am the one that put poison on it. I wont make you a murderer. I know you respected me until the last moment.
My son.
Be a better person for your son.

.
.
.

"Drew!"

I look at Yuri who is crying on my arms