CHAPTER 5 ~ SWORDS AND MAGIC

It was another normal day in the Wasabi dojo, as Jack, Kim, Eddie, Max and Milton were stretching in the mat, getting ready for practice

It was another normal day in the Wasabi dojo, as Jack, Kim, Eddie, Max and Milton were stretching in the mat, getting ready for practice. Suddenly, Jerry burst threw the entrance in panic.

"Guys, huge problem... Kelsey Vargas, the coolest girl in school, is on her way down here."

"Wow, dude, well done." Max said giving him a high five, grinning.

"Don't panic. We've trained for this." reassured Jack, getting excited for his friend, before turning to the other boys. "Guys, bust out the emergency deodorant."

"I don't need deodorant." claimed Jerry, causing Max to turn to Kim who was already looking at her, exchanging a knowing look, as they approached each other and then turned to their friends, listening in to their conversation.

"We all need deodorant. We're teenage boys. Our bodies are a smorgasbord of smells." refuted Milton, looking at him right in the eye, while applying deodorant himself.

"I don't take any chances. I'm wearing a necklace of air fresheners right now." grinned Eddie, while pulling said object from under his shirt and giving it a sniff, before smiling contently. "This week I'm alpine meadow."

"I told Kelsey I was a martial arts expert and the youngest Sensei in history." panicked Jerry, ignoring Eddie, just as Rudy came in the room holding a helmet, which he then handed to the boy.

"Jerry."

"Oh, Rudy! Kelsey's on her way. Dude, please hook me up with that black belt." exclaimed the desperate teen.

"You can't have this belt. It's a symbol of hard work, honor and respect." frowned Rudy in disbelief of the boy's disrespect.

"Well, then why do you use it to walk your dog?" asked Jack expectantly.

"Or to wipe your mouth from Phil's falafel grease? And don't try to deny it, I've seen you put the side with the stain inwards."

"Okay, I used it as a leash once and it was an emergency. I had a pug with the squirts and new white carpet. And I really don't know what you're talking about." he claimed about Max's accusation.

However, his high-pitched tone during that sentence was enough evidence to the others that he was guilty as charged, causing Kim to flinch and scrunch her nose in disgust.

"Look, can we stop talking and get to sparring, please? Jerry, you're up against Max. Milton, you're with Kim. Eddie, you're with Jack." announced Rudy, before everyone backed away to create some space for Eddie and Jack to spar.

"Jack?" exclaimed Eddie nervously, while Jack was showing off, doing some flips and kicks in the air, absolutely terrifying the boy. "Uh, hold on... My phone's vibrating." interrupted Eddie, taking out of his pocket his wallet, smiling nervously. "You know, I hate to be that guy, but... Hello?"

"You mean the guy that pretends his wallet is a phone?" questioned Jack.

"Please, shh! Can you hear me now?" he pretended to ask the caller, causing the others to roll their eyes.