Chapter 01: Times Understanding.

███████████████████
《Cale Henituse POV:》

It has been a few days after that incident. With my legs, back and head aching like hell, I found myself hoping for more comfort.

A comfort through a mindless air with no voice and no space, no warmth or the love of a human. This was normal by my eyes and through perception of my daily life, wanting more for something I apparently can't have.

My body turned slightly as the sheets shifted, the heaviness of my shoulders weighed on me down.

I can't help but let the burning sensation sting from below, I've suffered but there's nothing to do - no one dared to stop the beating, all they did was being useless and kept on ogling as if it was their first time seeing someone on the verge of death.

    ''' Cale rolled his eyes and stood up despite the aching pain in his back and the headaches, he looked around and saw that there were healing potions. He pursed his lips as he grabbed the bottle with difficulty in his eyes, the silence continued on like usual but his emotions weighed the atmosphere.

Cale broke the silence.

"Even now, you're still a coward." The red-haired noble clicked his tongue and sighed.

It was no use. Everyone left, did they? It was no secret nor were they subtle about it. But still, deep down in his heart, it hurts. What was it that he was lacking? Was it his personality? What even was his personality- Was his sole existence itself? Ah. If it was, then there was no point in whining and crying over such little matter. He agrees, if that's the reason.

Yet even his point of understanding by putting himself in their perspective, it did not help at all.

Beyond his capacity of being sane, he knew there was no way out of this dug up hole of insanity. This, this facade that he had made up in order for his plans to go swiftly, yet it was destroyed. 

There was no escape in an abysmal world full of despair and desperation. His heart aches, painfully so. He grabs his chest, grasping on the whitish silk of expensive fabric to ease the pain, yet his breath stilled for a moment.

It worsens.

And he couldn't stop it. One moment, it's alright, then the second, it hurts like hell. The migraines screeched in hollow tears, leaving his head aching before a swept of lightness. If he didn't know any better, he would've figured he was having a heart attack.

(That didn't seem so bad, but isn't he too selfish? Wishing for that to happen and let his father experience another funeral. He doesn't want that. He doesn't want his siblings to experience losing a family member. But, would they care like how he hopes?)

He breathed in and out, whether it came in refreshingly and out, harshly.

He needed to keep himself alive and well, for whatever reason there was. Even if there wasn't, he'll decide by holding onto his mother's wishes as a way to honour and not disrespect her. She was the reason he was alive anyway. His giver of life.

'Live peacefully with happy days, my dear. Do not waste your time, for it is as expensive as time. Your life is still waiting to begin.'

Cale could still hear that dreadful, underlying tone. Had his mother predicted his shitty future? Or did she expect him to be the bastard that he is today? Even if in another life, does she still thinks that way?

Either way, he doesn't like it. Not at all. Not when she becomes so cryptic everytime, it's like she was expecting everything. Those eyes that held resignation and regret-- what was she thinking-!?