Chapter 10

(If you can play Yellow by Coldplay, please do so now.)

Gumball began to strum, tapping his foot as Penny listened.

After a couple of seconds, she gasped, placing her hands over her mouth, realising what song he was playing. She had mentioned to him before that it was one of her favourites.

He smiled seeing her reaction.

As he began singing a montage began to play of their journey together in chronological order

Penny pulling Gumball out of the fountain, his fur puffing up, the two of them laughing, Penny kissing him on the cheek then Gumball smiling watching her walk away.

The End: Gumball asking her to kiss them, their fake wedding then Penny kissing him and walking away.

The Pressure: Penny asking Gumball to walk her to lunch, them sitting in the Treehouse together then them about to kiss in space.

The Mystery: Gumball's fake story about her and him walking up the stairs saying he loves her.

The Gi: Gumball showing off his gi to Penny, her standing up for him and the two of them play fighting then laughing.

Penny bandaging and kissing his paw, her hugging and comforting him, them laughing together, them about to kiss again.

The Party: Gumball reading and throwing away her letter, them talking inside, and then outside the party, then them about to kiss again.

The Sock: Gumball walking down the corridor saying he loves her.

The Date: Penny asking Gumball to go over, him practising talking to her in the mirror, him arriving then Penny with him at the hospital.

The Meddler: Gumball asking if she wants to see his cartwheel, him saying he doesn't love her and her running up after his performance.

The Knights: The two of them talking outside school, her sitting at his doorstep and him running up, her getting knocked into the road and him pushing her out of the way and saving her.

The two of them studying in the garden together, Gumball acting out the scenes, the two of them laughing, the two of them almost kissing.

The Fridge: Gumball giving her flowers.

The Flower: Gumball happily watching her cheerlead.

The Dream: Him offering cupcakes to her.

The Sweaters: Her asking if he's really going to fight.

The Shell: The two of them about to kiss in the play, Gumball assuring her they'll deal with this together, Penny breaking out of her shell, Gumball walking up to her in the forest, them kissing.

Gumball on the bus with her purring and reassuring her everything will be okay and holding her hand.

The Burden: The two of them on a date.

The Bros: Gumball making her laugh by waggling his ears then her arriving at the shed with the petal trail, her laughing.

The Mirror: The two of them flirting with hand gestures.

The Spoiler: Them on the phone.

The Romantic: Them laughing at the cliffside then Gumball doing the emoji face.

The Love: Them singing together.

The Misunderstandings: Their date together at the end.

The Compilation: The two of them singing Weird Like You and Me in space.

The Disaster: Penny being knocked off the balcony and falling and Gumball reaching out.

The Console: Gumball kissing her.

The Ex: Penny thawing Gumball then her consoling him in his room.

The two kissing, Gumball having ice cream on his lips causing her to get it on her lips, causing them to both start laughing.

and finally, the two of them stargazing together before turning to smile at each other.

As he finished the song Penny sat there, crying tears of happiness.

She ran over to him, wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in for a long passionate kiss.

He wrapped his arms around her neck as they continued to kiss.

Once they finished Gumball wiped Penny's eyes.

"That...that was so beautiful. Thank you...thank you so much."

She hugged him as he began purring loudly.

"You're very welcome."

She looked up at him. "I love you so much Gummy. You make me the happiest girl alive. You're the shoulder I can lean on. The guy I can talk away all of my troubles with. The guy who makes me laugh when no one else can. The guy who is always there for me, no matter what, who loves me for who I am. I honestly couldn't ask for a better boyfriend."

"I love you too Pen. More than I could ever express. I always have. Ever since we first met. I've longed for this, dreamed about it. The fact we're finally, actually, here. The fact I have such an amazing, funny, beautiful and loving girl I get to call my girlfriend... it's the best feeling in the world. You make me so, so happy, and I hope I get to spend the rest of my life with you."

They kissed again, and Gumball nuzzled her neck purring making her giggle.

They packed everything up and began walking home.

Penny turned to Gumball. "So, we've reflected on the past but there's something I forgot to ask..."

"What's that?" He said turning to look at her.

"What do you think the future holds for us?"

He thought for a moment.

"I'm not sure. However, whatever it ends up throwing at us, whatever happens, we'll face it together."

She smiled. "There's no one else I'd rather spend it with..."

They smiled at each other before they walked, holding their paw/hand together, into the moonlight, and into whatever the future had waiting for them.