Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Chapter 1

"I, Robert Swift, a legal adult with an address at San Vicente, La Mercedes Malaga, being of competent and sound mind, do hereby declare this to be my last will and testament and do hereby revoke any and all wills and codicils here-to-fore made jointly or severally by me. I further declare that this last will & testament reflects my personal wishes without any undue influence whatsoever." Attorney Vidal lifted his gaze from the document he was reading to look at Boyong, who was sitting on the single couch.

"I'm giving 10% of Swift Holdings stocks and 50 million Pesos from my savings account to Boyet "Boyong" Callope in appreciation for his loyalty and support."

Hearing the attorney's declaration, Boyong's eyes widened. He looked at Frankus and Hector as if to confirm his understanding. Frankus gave the old man a polite smile and remarked, "You deserve it."

Attorney Vidal continued reading the will and testament.

"To all my great-grandchildren," the attorney said, referring to Ryker's children and Frankus' children, "shall each receive a trust fund for educational and medical expenses provided that they are accompanied by their legal guardians at the time of perfection."

Robert's loyal employees, including those he trusted to manage his businesses and investments in numerous companies both inside and outside the country, the Daccaras, Julio and his son Alex Daccara, would be among those who would be adequately compensated. They were now in the living room with them and were taken aback as the lawyer read the will.

"And all of my remaining assets, liquid or otherwise, except those given to my great-grandchildren, ownership of my company, Swift Holdings, given the decision of the current board of directors, and the rest of my savings from five banks will be equally divided to my grandchildren, Franziskus dela Fuente and Hector Swift." Hector and Franziskus exchanged looks. Frankus was no longer surprised, but Hector couldn't believe what he was hearing, especially when the lawyer detailed the total assets they would inherit, which included money, stock, and real estate.

"This mansion, including the land in this vicinity, will be owned by all family members. Anyone can live here, but no one can sell it to respect my Nadia's memory," the attorney said after reading the will and testament.

Hindi makapaniwala si Hector sa laking halagang iniwan sa kanya ng kanilang Lolo Robert. Milyonaryo na siya... hindi, bilyonaryo. Hinati ang lahat ng ari-arian sa kanila ni Frankus. Sa kanila lang dahil hindi rin naman daw tatanggapin pa ng mga kapatid nila iyon at mas kailangan daw nila iyong dalawa. Nais ng matanda na masigurong magiging maayos ang buhay nila ni Frankus. Para kay Frankus lang itong lahat pero pinabago ng matanda ang testamento nang malaman nito ang existence ni Hector. Patas na hinati ang lahat. Sa maiksing panahon na nakilala ng matanda si Hector ay ipinaramdam nito sa kanya ang patas na pagtanggap at pagmamahal.

"Isa lang ang hiling ng lolo n'yo. Huwag na huwag ibebenta ang property na ito at alagaan n'yo dahil para ito sa inyong lola."

"Makakaasa ka, Attorney," tugon ni Frankus.

"Paano? Mauuna na ako." Tumayo ang matandang abogado na sinundan naman nina Frankus at Hector pati na rin nina Julio at Alex Daccara. Ang mga tauhan na naroon ay paulit-ulit na nagpasalamat sa kanila.

"If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call me."

"Maraming salamat, Attorney." Inilahad ni Frankus ang kamay sa abogado para makipagkamay. Inihatid ito ni Frankus at ng mag-amang Daccara sa labas habang si Hector ay tinungo ang console table na nasa ilalim ng hagdan. Naroon ang dalawang gintong urn kung saan nakalagay ang mga abo ng kanilang Lolo Robert at Lola Nadia. Nasa dingding naman ang larawan ng dalawang matanda. Mga bata pa ang mga ito sa larawan.