Kisses

Whenever she was on duty or in battle, Aurora would pull her long, lavender hair into a bun. It looked nice on top of her head, taut and well-shaped, and in time it would always obtain that natural, messy look she would never achieve on purpose even if she tried.

The real charm was seeing her let her hair down, as Crosshair had already been witness to. There were times when Aurora would only undo the bun until she was down on her knees in front of him; thinking about the way it fell in graceful waves down her shoulders made him want to growl.

He found his mind wandering as he watched her standing behind Tech, who sat in the pilot's seat, just as the Marauder exited hyperspace for their next stop. Crosshair chuckled to himself; so far, their little arrangement hadn't brought any problems. No one else knew about it, and Aurora hadn't given any signs of discomfort.

If she said the word, Crosshair would simply back off, but it seemed like that day hadn't arrived yet.

"We'll be in and out quickly, that is, if someone doesn't stop to gawk at the rations again," Hunter glared over at Wrecker.

"That will not be a problem this time," Tech added, his eyes glued to the landscape in front of him. "Wrecker will come with me to the arsenal. Hunter, can you get the rations?"

"Of course," Hunter replied. "But I still give the orders around here."

"You will be in charge of supply runs when you are as capable as I am of running the itinerary long-term," Tech had a note of smugness in his voice, eventually making his eldest brother roll his eyes with amusement.

"I suppose that leaves gathering medical supplies to you, Aurora," Hunter turned at the team's newest addition.

"Not a problem, sarge," she said. "Though do you think I could use the cart? I nearly ran out of everything and, from the look of things, I'm going to need more than the average for you guys."

Wrecker cackled, his laughter filling the ship. "Sorry 'bout that, sweetheart. Better get used to patching me up!"

Aurora didn't waste the opportunity. With a cute little smirk, she tapped her fingers up Wrecker's thick, strong arm, her eyes eventually meeting his.

"I'll never get tired of it, big guy," she said in her sweetest tone. "But you need to promise me to be careful out there, I couldn't bear it if anything hurt you badly."

From the back of the cockpit, a pair of watchful, narrow brown eyes watched her, unamused.

But her words earned her a chuckle from Wrecker as well as an intrigued look from Hunter, his interest peaked.

"I'll always have you to make it better," Wrecker winked at her.

"I am sorry to interrupt your suggestive exchange, but I'm afraid Aurora won't be able to take the cart," Tech said. "We are entirely out of explosives and there is no way we'll optimize time if we have to carry the crates on our own. Crosshair can go with you, Aurora. I'm sure you'll both be able to carry the supplies."

At Tech's words, Crosshair tapped the bottom of his rifle on the ground as he stepped up and walked up next to Aurora in the cockpit, his figure towering over her as he smugly looked down on her.

"Sure you don't have a problem with that?"

Aurora frowned at him, returning his glare. "Do you have a problem? Will you even know your way around a medical bay, or will I have to hold your hand to make sure you don't get lost?"

"Burn," Wrecker commented from the sidelines. "But she can hold my hand through a medical wing any day."

As Tech facepalmed at Wrecker's comment, Crosshair bared his teeth slightly as he frowned harder, nearly snapping the toothpick he secured with his mouth.