Diluc ➛ Home Sweet Home

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Home Sweet Home
Diluc x Reader
Fluff
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪
You weren't very good at earning money the least so you would take up multiple jobs around the region of Mondstat at once. As you predicted, you couldn't keep up with all of the work and slowly got fried from every job in less than a month.

You even tried to pick some coins out the water fountain, but some of the older residents pestered you away leaving you with only a few mora coins.

Finally as your last hope you consulted Kathryn asking if any more commissions had been sent through. She shook her head lightly giving you a pitiful look, the look you despised but u shook it off. With a sigh you continued on your merry way to no specific location.

"1.. 2.. 3.. 4. Wow only 4 coins this time. You really need to step up your game Y/n" you spoke to yourself as you mindlessly wondered around town. Your feet brought you to an all familiar place, the Angels Share.

You treaded your feet for a few final steps and pushed open the heavy door with a groan. Shuffling your feet over to your desired table in the corner, you placed your elbows down on the surface resting your cheeks on your palms.

"Another fruitless day it seems for you Y/n" a smug voice can be heard walking towards you. You groan at the teasing and slump down resting your head in your arms against the cold wood.

"Nice to see you too, Diluc" you replied back with only a hint of venom laced in your words. He didn't reply and you only heard him walk away again with the sounds of clattering glass and bottles. However, you soon felt a light tap on your shoulder only few moment later. You lifted your head up to meet fiery amber eyes that stared down at you with slight worry embedded into them.

"It's on the house" Diluc spoke in his same monotoned voice that you were so used to as he placed your favorite drink in front of you. A mumbled thanks came from your lips and he replied with a subtle nod in your direction before tending to other costumers.

You slowly drank the liquid in front of you trying to savior the flavor knowing that you couldn't afford to buy it frequently. Before you knew it, as you finished your beverage, barley anyone was left in the tavern except Kaeya, Rosaria, and Diluc himself.

Diluc was obviously ticked off by having his brother, a knight of the knights of favonius, annoying him at such a late hour of the day let alone Rosaria was letting Kaeya get away with his childish antics and jokes. You started to get out of your seat planing on sneaking out the door without being caught when suddenly you heard your name uttered by Kaeya.

You couldn't hear the full sentence obviously because all three of them were over at the bar while you were still over at your lonesome seat.

"She seems to be struggling more and more as the days go by, I'm just worried that something bad may happen when I'm not around to help." Diluc spoke, you can only guess that Kaeya probably asked how you were doing or something along the lines of that.

On the other hand, while you were listening in on the conversation you were subconsciously inching closer and closer to hear them better when all of a sudden the floor creaked.

Their heads turned your way and with delight in his eyes Kaeya got up from his seat and greeted you with open arms. "Y/n I didn't know you were here, what a pleasant surprise!" He spoke as you accepted his hug which did last a bit longer than normal.

"Ok that's enough, you can let her go now." Diluc spoke up obviously not liking the close proximity you and his brother had. "What's your problem bro? Do you like Y/n so much that you only want her for yourself." Kaeya teased just to get to his brothers head a bit more. A quite "tsk" was all Diluc responded with.

"Hey guys, I was actually just about to leave. I got... things to do." You said breaking the weird silence that fell but you lied. You had nothing to do, you had nothing to go see, you had nothing to take care of. You just wanted out of the situation because anytime you were around the redhead, you would always get way to nervous for your liking.

"Aw, that's a shame. The boys here were just talking about which one of them should take you home." Rosaria said joining in on the fun.

"Alright that's enough, you two out. We are now closed fr the night." Diluc slightly snapped shooing them out while he made not effort to make you leave. The two drinking buddies complained and sighed but eventually they were out and Diluc sighed.

"So you want to take me home?" You asked kind of confused on what Rosaria was talking about. A little bit of pink dusted the redheads face as he had a hard time replying to your question.

"No, no- uh not in a uhhh.. bad way, but like in a good way you know?" He replied knowing that you really didn't understand sexual jokes such as the one from Rosaria. "No I don't know, what do u mean a good way?" "Well lately everyone has been seeing how much you struggle lately, especially me. Every time you come here your way to run down than any normal person should be and I know you are really having a rough time. So Kaeya and I were talking about how we want to help you."

He paused for a moment to see your reaction, you were looking at him with no big expression still not understanding. "I was simply wondering if you would like to stay at my place, the Winery, for as long as you need of course." As soon as he finished his sentence, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his torso. The supposedly mean bastard didn't know what was happening at first but slowly wrapped his arms around you in return after a few seconds.

You were speechless to say the least, no one ever seemed to care about you. But here he was, the wine master of Mondstat offering up his home to be yours as well. "You really mean it?" You asked with hopeful eyes staring up at him. He ruffled your hair in return with a slight smile on his face.

"I don't want anything bad to happen to you out there in the wilderness, so of course I really mean it." Your cheeks started to burn a bit as you stared at his smile and the way he closed his eyes as he did so. This man was so perfect in your eyes but you barley ever noticed before.

"Let's go, before it gets to late." Diluc let go of your embrace and opened the door for you and locking it once you were both out. The trail back to the Winery was longer than you thought and very quite as well, neither of you dared to break that silence that fell upon you both until your journey lead you to the front door.

"Here we are, after you m'lady." He said as he held the door open for you again. "Thank you kind sir" you replied playing into his silly antics. Not long after he had some maids go and prepare the spare bedroom with extra clothes for your nightwear.

You thanked Diluc a bunch more times while you were waiting for the room to be situated until a maid called letting you both know that it was now ready.

Diluc led you up the stairs as you trailed behind him not used to such a big house. He showed you your room, the room itself was as big as one of the houses you managed to rent out in Mondstat at one point. You actually couldn't believe your eyes as you made your way over to the squishy bed and jumped on it letting out a sigh of relief. Diluc let out a soft chuckle as he sat on the side of the bed next to your figure.

"So what do you think?" "What do I think!? I absolutely love it! Are you sure this isn't just some sick joke?" You asked as you sat up to look him in the eyes. He let out another chuckle once again and denied that he would ever pull any joke of the sort on you.

You smiled at him and his amber eyes seemed to soften. Before you knew it, you leaned into his embrace and both your lips touched in a sweet kiss. Both of you pulled away a blushing mess. "I hope I didn't just make things weird, I'm really sorry just forget-" "No! I mean, no don't be sorry. I don't find it weird at all...Do you mind if we do it again?" He asked interrupting you.

Little did you know that this would be your home for a long while.

⊹⊱•••《 FINISH 》•••⊰⊹