Chapter Two

*Ryan's POV*

   I wake up, the sun shining through the windows; my beautiful girlfriend in my arms. Ever so carefully, I slide out of bed and pad into the kitchen. Of course coffee is a must and I turn on the machine. I glance around the kitchen and a blinking light catch my eye.  I press the voicemail bottom and what I hear rocks me to my core.

   Quickly, I shuffle back into my room where Kayla is stirring, rubbing sleep out of her eyes.  I continue my mad dash for something to wear and rapidly begin changing.

   "Honey?", she heistanly asks. "What's wrong??". The look on my face must of been dire because she instantly jumps out of bed, rummaging through her clothes.

   "I'll explain on the way. Just-", I falter. "The hospital called and all I know is that there was an accident..." I can't bring myself to finish the sentence. 

  Kayla grabs my hand and we dash to the car, coffee forgotten.

   Once settled in, I take a deep breath and begin talking. "So like I said, there was an accident and it was Mitch and Jerome involved." I hear her gasp but have to continue. "Mitch seems to be doing okay, I guess but, Jerome is In critical condition."

   She grabs my shaking hand and gives it a gentle squeeze. "Ryan, don't you dare blame this on you. It wasn't your fault in least bit."

   I give her a sad smile. "We don't know that, do we?" Kayla shakes her head and try's again but I cut her off. "Let's just focus on getting there."

   She attempts a laugh. "With the way you're driving, we'll be there within five minutes."

   I smile and we lapse into silence for the rest of the ride.

-----------------------------

A/N

Here it is!!! The long awaited update!!!

AND YOU ARE VERY WELCOME!!!

XD Um, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK SO FAR AND BEAR WITH ME FOR THE NEXT UPDATE!!!

Thank you!!!

Luv,
Ace