Chapter One

I held my breathe as I watched him, from my seat in the cafe, work on a car. I had been coming ever since I moved to town, which was a few weeks ago, but only recently divulged the terrible habit I had of watching the man across street.

He was masculine in every sense of the word, his large muscular frame glided easily around the garage and his stance was strong and sturdy. He looked as if you could whack him with a shovel and he wouldn't even flinch.

He worked on cars tiresly, he was focused and that was so incredibly attractive. He walked around the garage with confidence, confidence was sexy.

Dark hair sat comfortably upon his head and he has mysterious, dark, brown eyes that were looking right at me.

I looked down and wanted to slap myself, of course he would've seen me. I hadn't exactly been discreet in my staring of the man and now I had been caught. Would he think me a stalker? I gulped and clutched the mug of hot chocolate tighter in my hands.

I bought the mug to my lips and gulped the rest of my hot chocolate down. It was piping hot so I was expecting the liquid to scald my throat. I left some money on the table and escaped the cafe without making eye contact with the man I was sure was still watching me.

Quickly, I pulled open the door of my truck and sped away. Of course in a car like mine speeding away was more like gentle cruising. I looked in my review mirror and saw him looking at me, a small smile upon his lips as he shook his head.

Burning, my face turned an unbecoming shade of red and I pushed my foot on the accelerator hoping my drive out of town would be quicker. It wasn't.

I banged my head upon the steering wheel and sighed. I was so embarrassing. I had never meant to stare. Okay, I had meant to stare but why was it that I had to be caught. I would never be able to go back into town again, I would have to sacrifice my daily trips to the cafe where I got my sweet treats. The most disheartening feet about not being able to go back into town would be not seeing him. Although, that was the whole point of not going back in to town.

I thought back to the short time I had spent watching him. He drank tea, black with no sugar. The mere thought of digesting such a bitter beverage had me scrunching my face up in disgust.

Whenever he was stressed he would run his hands through his lengthy, dark waves. Something that I found utterly endearing.

However, when he worked on a car he became focused, intense, sexy. It was what he did, what he loved. I envied that, for so long I had always been desperate to find something I was passionate about, but I never had and doubted that I ever would.

I made my way to the front door and unlocked it, chucking my keys onto the coffee table. My eyes widened at what I had just done and I rushed over to the coffee table to check for scratches. Sighing in relief at the flawless wood, I got up and went to the kitchen grabbing my favourite thing in the world.

My house was nothing special, it was small. Two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen and a living space. The spare bedroom I had no use for, so I had placed boxes in there until I found the will to go through them. Based on today I didn't have the will to do anything.

Moving away from my home town hadn't been a difficult decision, I had struggled living with parents who hadn't cared about me and had been kicked out when my mother decided she could no longer afford to feed me. In truth she hadn't been able to feed me for a while, but Mrs. Morris, the sweet old lady next door, had taken pity on me and fixed my meals. Without her I don't know what would have happened to me. I did miss my cousin through, Lovella was a sweetheart in every sense of the word and I knew leaving wasn't as easy for her as it was for me. She had her own set of problems.

I flopped down on the coach and picked up the remote. Television hadn't really ever been one of my favourite things to do, or watch. However, at this moment I needed a nice movie and a tub of ice cream.

I sat, or rather awkwardly lounged, upon the sofa digging my spoon into the rock hard vanilla flavoured ice cream. Sadly, it appeared most of the channels were showing TV programs, those I had no interest in, but I found Monte Carlo playing so decided to observe and decide which of the three men I found the most appealing. In the end I decided on the hot foreign guy, who was tall, tanned and handsome, much like my mechanic. Groaning I put the ice cream on the table and pushed a pillow in to my face whilst screaming. I was hopeless.

The film finished happily and I sighed in contentment, I was a fool for a happy ending.

My phone buzzed and I looked at it, a message from my cousin who was coming to stay in a few weeks. She had questioned me on my ability to have the spare bedroom ready for her. I responded with a very clever "shove off."

I went to the kitchen and looked through the fridge, the lack of milk indicated that I was supposed to get some today but had been....occupied.

I was in trouble for now I would have to go to town. Curse my forgetfulness.

Sighing, I grabbed the keys from the table and jogged to my truck. I pulled open the door, got comfortable and jammed the key in the ignition.

Nothing.

I tried once more and got a rattle out of the car before it stopped. I repeated this a few more times then realised it was futile.

My car had never been the most reliable but it had been cheap and I was desperate.

I would have to call the only garage that happened to be in this tiny town with only two mechanics. I could only pray he wouldn't come. But judging on the cards I had been dealt, nothing was going to go my way.

I was lucky, have I ever mentioned how lucky I was ?

It was not the mechanic I had spent my time drooling over, no it was the other mechanic. The one that I held no desire for.

I stepped outside just as opened the top of my truck, he didn't even ask if he could. How rude.

Seemingly noticing my presence behind him he began to talk, in mechanic.

I was sure one would not deem mechanic a language but in my case many would.

The large words he threw around intimidated me and I found myself looking up to the heavens for help.

Once he finished explaining he asked if I understood.

This was incredibly stupid of me.

I nodded whole heatedly and even threw in a smile to reassure him that I understood what was going on. 

He then offered me a ride to the garage and well it was awkward to say the least.

For a total of ten minutes we sat in silence, I bounced my leg up and down but stopped immediately when he growled in my direction.

I was freaked out to say the least and by the time we reached the garage I couldn't get out of the car quick enough.

"Ajax, I got you sometin'"

His deep cove shouted across the room and before I knew my keys were heading that way too.

The man of my dreams caught them in one hand before turning around and facing me.

He was even more gorgeous up close.

His voice was even better, the sexy gruff made me weak in the knees.

Focus Amorette, focus.

He was smiling at me, this made me happy. I may have sounded stupid right now but I couldn't help it.

He was my first crush.

"So, you like hot chocolate huh ?"