New case

It was early one winter morning in New York City and Detective Amanda Rollins had just sat at her desk.
"Amanda.... Fin.... Call about a fight between a man and a young girl... go check it out" Lieutenant Olivia Benson informs her when she notices the detectives presence.

~~~~~~

Rollins Pov :

"So, you really recon it's not just a father daughter fight most people have and they just raise their voices at each other?" I ask as we leave the precinct

"I mean all we can do is knock on the door and see if anything is off otherwise we have to let it be" I hear Fin reply. It just makes my blood boil that when people fight we have to check on them because nobody should have to worry about being treated like that.

"Mhm. Guess so" I reply before I get frustrated with the fear a young girl could be in danger and we might not see anything which could get her killed.

"I'm sure it's all alright Manda, it's probably just a regular father daughter fight like you said" he replies so I just shut up before I lose it.

~~~~~

We finally reach the address and walk up to the door.
Knock knock
"What!?" We get a pissed greeting from a grown man.

"We've had a report given to 911 about a fight by a concerned neighbour sir, we are just here to check everything out" Fin states bluntly to the man

"It's fine, my daughter and I just had a little argument. She wants to go to a party but as her father I said no and she got mad, we raised our voices but nothing else she just went to her room cos she's pissed at me" the man replied back

"Ok well have a great day sir" Fin replies which makes me mad that we aren't even gonna ask to talk to the girl to be sure.

The man shuts the door on us so I ask fin as we walk away "why are we just leaving? We should've at least asked to talk to the daughter to be sure"

"Amanda we had to let it be because we just have to trust that he was telling us the truth. But right now we need to get back to Liv before she gets mad at us because we don't have anything ready for that school visit tomorrow" he states and I just roll my eyes
"Hey! enough with those eye rolls" he jokes rolling his own eyes while laughing.

~~~~~~

"Ok so what was his excuse?" Liv asks as we walk into her office.
"His excuse was pathetic... 'my daughter and I just got into a small argument' like come on give a better excuse" I reply

"Amanda, we don't know what the truth is because all we saw was the guy we didn't see a mess nor his daughter so all we know is it could've been the truth" fin adds making me mad

"Thanks for checking it out guys. Sorry for wasting your time. Just make sure everything is organised and ready to take to take to Brighten High School since you guys have been lazy and not done anything" Liv says making a joke at the end knowing that it's just been way too chaotic the past few days.

I sit down with Fin and we start planning things for tomorrow and before we knew it, it was time to go home to rest before the ling day we will all have tomorrow.

~~~~~~

Ada Cirillo Pov:

I wake up on my bed tied to it with my mouth taped shut but I can't remember... oh never mind I remember now.
I came home late from school.
And he hit me.
It wasn't the first time he ever hit me.
But why I'm tied to the bed?
That I can't remember... wait I didn't change into my pyjamas...
SHIT!
Did he really? Surely not... he loves me too much to that right? Even though he blames me for the death of my mother and twin brother since they died during labour after I was born, surely he loves me enough not to go that far?

"Oh look the obese beast is awake" I hear the voice I know quite well coming from the shadows of my dark bedroom.
"Time to get ready for school... be sure to cover those bruises and cuts on you up before you leave" he adds as he walks out the door.

"Mhm whatever. Just leave me to untie myself for school" I yell at him not realising what'd come at me for that...
"Right then... time for round two of last night. You really must've enjoyed it" he says coming in unbuckling his expensive leather belt.

Damnit I should've kept my mouth shut....

~~~~~~

"Alright... time to get ready this time, 30 mins or else it'll be suspicious you're later than usual" he says getting up off me.

I feel so violated so all I do is look away, tears dwelling up in my eyes so he walks out knowing I learnt my lesson to not backchat.

Once I hear the door shut I get up and walk to my bathroom. I hop into the shower turn it onto boiling hot and sit there praying my father will burn off me before I leave this apartment for the day of school I'm already dreading.
I hop out after about 5 minutes and get dressed but before I put on my shirt and hoodie, I pull my blade out from my drawer and I get lost in my thoughts.

I think to myself... "why do you do it?" But I always know how to answer it.

I like the sting, the slow satisfaction of red filling up along the carved line.
I like the burn after, the way it feels against my loose pants, as a remembrance of what I did the night before.
I like how it hurts at all the right moments, reminding me of how horrible I am, how underachieving I am.
I like how it feels like a breath of fresh air, after the weight of this pressure lifts off my weak lungs.
I like how it's the answer to every prayer I've ever offered.
I love how it's a song, a whisper, a dream, and I don't know how I could have ever lived without it for as long as I have.

Before I know it I'm walking out the door of the apartment and my father is speeding down all the streets of New York to get me to school on time so he doesn't make anything seem bad.

I walk into the school building but as soon as I look up I see this very pretty blonde lady... wait she looks like a detective....
Wait.
What are they doing here?
Surely they don't know.
Oh.
That's right we have them talking about what they do and how the things they deal with aren't right and if it's happening to us or to someone we know to report it.

Shit... she's looking at me funny... I think I stared at her for too long and she caught me.

"I'm sorry, I should probably stop getting lost in my head" I say not realising it probably sounds concerning the way I said it.
"That's ok sweetie, is everything ok?"
"Yeah... yeah everything is just peachy" I say as I walk away feeling guilty for being so dry with her... I then noticed that I grabbed my grey jumper and that a few red stains from this morning are starting to show so I walk faster to the nearest bathroom.
I hope she didn't notice it.
Did she notice?
Or did I get away with it this time?
Now I have to deal with the blood on this hoodie all day.