𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

𖣊

𖣊

"𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬?" The senior court lady dares call out to the young Prince who's standing still, back to her, eyes lost in the view his bedroom balcony offers.

He's fully aware of the condition his father is in, he's also aware of the tumult happening in the royal palace due to it.
But neither are enough to make him move an inch from his royal bedchamber.

"Your highness, the Queen is asking for you." The woman reiterates but that only seems to set off the crown Prince who turns around, glaring fiercely at the woman who shies away from the eye contact and bows to the man.

Everyone in the royal palace fears the Prince and have done so ever since he was 13. No one dares make assumptions on how he got his prominent scar, but legend has it, he carried out his father's order to kill the whole royal family of Goryeo in the night, prior to the main army attack.
His father born Yi Seong-Gye lead the coup and secured his family as the royal dynasty, maybe he wanted to test his son?
No one really knows.

"You can leave." The prince's deep voice echoes in the deadly silent room.

His order is heard and complied with in seconds, leaving him alone once more.

The young man stares out the balcony some more, breathing regularly, seemingly empty of emotions.
However, after a while, he does turn around and without alerting his attendants, he exits his bedroom to make his way towards the heavily guarded chambers of his father.

His traits show no sign of emotion as he walks at a steady pace, hands linked in his back.

His black and gold robes float about him with every step, and servants, slaves and officials all stop in their tracks at the sight of him, bowing their heads to the future king.

As the young man enters the King's chambers, silence falls on the previously loud place.
Cries and laments were being heard but the second the Crown Prince came into sight, heartbeats could be heard.

"Wangseja..." a middle aged woman, wearing the royal concubine robes greets the impressive young man who barely spares her a glance before entering the room servants just opened for him.

His eyes settle on the laying figure between all the physicians, looked after by the respectable Queen.
The Prince's cold eyes meet that of the Queen who returns her distressed glance to her passing husband.

For some long heavy seconds, the young man does absolutely nothing, staring at his father, mixed feelings raging in his heart.

For a second, his heart tells him to run away, reminds him that he's not the one his father cares to see.