𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

★

"You guys should go." Taehyung ends up saying, his eyes, like magnets, finding Seol-A's. She weakly shakes her head and takes a step towards him, her hands softly holding his, intertwining her fingers whith his.

"Taehyung..." she tries, unsure, an idea, a hope filling her heart. "We could still run." She whispers, the two other men exchanging a worried but hopeful look while Taehyung brings Seol-A closer.

"We talked about this. We can't live on the run forever. I'm a prince. What kind of example would I be giving our people? And it's not merely that... How can I bear to have your name slandered? Your honor tarnished when you're the purest soul to exist? Seol-A, I love you. And that means that I respect you." The young woman shakes her head, her ragged breath being the only sound echoing in the cell.

"I don't care." She breathes, looking down, and Taehyung lets go of her hand, gently removing the hat from her head.

She keeps her eyes to the ground while Jimin takes the hat in his hands, standing a few feet away.

Taehyung's hands cup her face in the most gentle manner, guiding her eyes to meet his.

"Seol-A-"

"No, Taehyung! I don't care about honour and slander and this non-sense, not when your life hangs in the balance." She interrupts him, setting her hands on his slim waist. "Please don't leave me." She finishes in a breath, causing Taehyung's heart to clench painfully.

"Don't say that." His voice betrays the hurt and he rests his forehead on hers. "I would never decide to leave you-"

"But that's exactly what you're doing." She retorts, knowing her words aren't totally fair but needing to express her pain that is in that moment tearing her heart apart.

Taehyung who sees right through her, doesn't try to argue or plead for himself. Instead, he seals her lips with his, hoping to engrave their last touch in her memory.

"We don't have much time left, but please know that I'll always be with you and that I'll always love you no matter where I am after." Seol-A nods to his words, still not ready to let him go.

But she has no say in the matter as steps are heard in the stairs, alerting the four young people that the moment is over. Panic is betrayed in Seol-A's green eyes and she pulls the prince into a tight embrace, burrying her face in his chest.

Taehyung holds her, not wanting to let her go either, his hand resting on the back of her head.

"We have to go. Hyung, she can't be found here." Jungkook presses and Jimin looks at the couple, remembering the promise he just made.

Without saying another word, he walks away, confusing Jungkook.

"Jimin, what are you doing?" He whisper-yells, but the blonde man smiles his way, before glancing at the two still clutching onto each other.