⟆♥︎₊two

november 21st, 1997

i get into class and what do i see at the board?, new seating arrangements

i get into class and what do i see at the board?, new seating arrangements. just great. i didn't really pay attention to who my seating partner was, just where i was going to be sitting from now on, which was the second to last row by the windows. more people come into the classroom and just when i thought things couldnt get worse, a red headed boy sits down next to me. i look over and see that it was shinonome akito, mizuki's friends brother. and toya's best friend. 'oh, you're aubrey?, i think iv'e seen ya' with toya before' he said looking over at me. 'oh. is that so?'  i looked at the boy uncomfortably, then shifting my veiw to the teacher and then the lesson began.

after class, i was on my way to food and health class when akito ran after me.

'hey! wait up-' he half-shouted. 'i was wondering if ya' wanna hang up on the roof after school? ya' seem like a cool 'lot so, i hope you're up for it' i looked up at his goofy smile. 'before i even consider it i need to know what's happening, and who's coming' i asked. 'eh the people coming, hmm, just me, toya, tsukasa, ena, i think she's inviting your friend? akiyama mizuki or something like that, oh and also some girls from Miyamasuzaka, i don't think you'd know them though. we also thought of inviting the new boy, kamishiro? i dunno' yet' he smiled again while scratching the back of his head.

'no, thank you for the invite though.' 'wait i'll uh, let me get your number just in case you change your mind- you can invite some of you're crew too?' and by then i had left the boy in wonder, because i needed to look for nene, who was in my food and health class, now probably together with rui too. 'oh hey aubrey, wanna walk to class together?' the quiet girl, who suddenly appeared in front of me asked. 'yeah, i was just looking for you, by the way did you talk to rui yet? about him joining our group.' i asked. 'yeah! he's actually really nice! he kinda has some wei- i mean interesting ideas.. but he's in' she quickly blurted out the last part.

'oh, uhm good to know i guess. might come in handy' i said, right before he popped out behind me. 'hey! you're aubrey, right? you must be, since you're walking with nene.' he said 'yeah, and you, young man, must be the infamous kamishiro rui. delighted to meet you' i smiled. 'i almost forgot, i was wondering if you two wanted to hang out with me and some others at the school roof ,, i think. later today?' he smiled. 'yeah, that sounds nice?. doesnt it aubrey.' nene accepted his request right before i even got to open my mouth. 'well i guess so. who's coming?' i asked. 'oh just some of the guys in the parralell classes, and some Miyamasuzaka girls, i think. i didn't really get that much info' he quietly laughed to himself. 'it'd be nice to meet some new people, right?' nene was so exited, i just couldnt say no to her. 'yeah, i guess. might even see h- nevermind.' 'who?' rui questioned me 'we should get to class, its starting in a few minutes and i don't really feel like being late.' i told him and we all ran to class together.

food and health was fun today. we made easy cheesy 2-minute noodles, as the teacher called it. the dish did take a lot more than two minutes. rui almost burned the station down while making the chocolate fondant dessert. so we got a bit scolded for that, but overall it was really good. we're lucky it didn't get burned.
now it was time for my weekly free period, too bad none of my friends shared it with me. i usually take walks or hang out by the bleachers and watch the guys play soccer. today i'd do the second option, which turned out to be a really bad idea.

'hey, we didn't really get the chance to talk last night. how have things been aubrey?' a boy who sat hiself next to me asked. 'please sit somewhere else, toya. you know i don't want to talk to you.' i replied. 'but aubrey, i just want to get back on your good side, i really don't like this wall you've made between us.' he looked over at me with a frown planted onto his face. 'toya. what you did was not right, and i do not think i can ever forgive you for it. please understand' i asked the boy for understanding, but as always, he didn't listen. 'bu-' 'no toya! i'm tired of hearing you're fake ass exuses, you were there as my sister- as the accident happened, and didn't even bother to do anything!' tears formed in my eyes as i shouted as the boy. 'as i said, that i not what happened. you belive the wrong story. my phone had no battery and it all happened in the middle of the forest. i couldn't have called anyone even if i wanted to' he reassured. 'no, refuse to belive, i refuse.. to belive you weren't a part of it! she's so sick she cannot even go out of the house anymore toya!' i started to cry more and buried my face in his chest, even though my hatred for him was big, i couldnt help myself but to give in to him in that exact moment. the boy i was clinging onto didn't really know what to do when i was clinging onto his shoulder, so he just sat there stroking my back until i stopped. a few ten minutes passed and i opened my mouth to say 'i- i'm sorry, but i really need to go.' i stood up leaving the boy a bit less troubled than when he first sat down next to me.

after-school timeskip!

i was walking down the hallway when the phone in my back pocket buzzed, i took it out and saw a text from nene, it said to come up on the rooftop as i promised earlier that day. i really did not want to go due to what happened with toya earlier, but i didn't want to dissapoint nene either. so i changed my path and went to the rooftop.
when i went through the doors, i was greeted by nene running up to me for a hug
'i'm so glad you came!! an and mizuki are also here, we dont even need to talk to him, so do not worry' she smiled. 'that... seems nice.' i smiled back and went with her to talk with the others.

'it seems that we meet again, friend aubrey!' rui laughed. he was standing with another guy, who had dirty blonde hair, and he seemed abnoxiously loud. the boy was talking to akito and an? 'an what are you doing here, didn't you have to help your father at the cafe?' i asked suprised. 'oh right, i forgot to tell you that today it's closed for renovation! so i can totally hang out here for a while' my good friend grinned at me and the people around us. 'i cannot belive we have met before? my name is tsukasa tenma!! i'm gonna be a big star one day'  he was partly shouting at this point. 'what a nice way to introduce yourself, my name is aubrey' i answered back akwardly. 'ah i see! an and nene has already told me much about you!' tsukasa laughed out loud. 'oh, that is.. such a nice thing..' i sighed and pulled nene away to the other side of the rooftop.

'he keeps staring at me, what do i do?!' i asked, freaking out. ''you should try talking to him, who knows what might come out of it?' she said calmly. 'you sure? i don't know if i'm ready..' i couldn't tell her about what happened earlier, not yet atleast. 'yeah, if anything happens, remember that im here for you