The Girl behind the Throne chapter 15

its short i know but it took me like 3hours to write this, especially cus im feeling tired and hungover :)

i must love you guys :P

ps. this chapter is dedicated to my charming little sister who is an amazing writer :P 

check her shit out- you wont be dissapointed :)

to get to my facebook page follow my link on my about me :P

im going to go out partying again now, make sure kids to always drink responsibly!! <(i am such a hypocrite right now)

enjoy :P

I straightened my pencil skirt nervously as my dad drove. I felt my phone ring for what was the fifteenth time today. I looked at the caller id and pressed reject when I saw Jamie’s number. I had ignored him since my little interruption between him and puss-face, I mean Penelope.

“It’s going to be fine”. My dad said in a nervous voice for the fortieth time in the short span of ten minutes.

I laughed shortly without any humour, “You know your voice has to be a bit more confident if you’re going to try to reassure me”. I said softly looking in my visor at my neutral make up for the billionth time.

“Right. Sorry”. He said firmly and fell silent. I fell silent too listening to the song on the radio, remembering meeting Liam yesterday. Of course he had arranged our meeting place to be in a fancy restaurant, I had turned up in my summer dress feeling inadequate and underdressed. It had taken him five minutes until he issued his ultimatum, either I leave Jamie or become his girlfriend again or else the pictures would be everywhere. It was a case of if I can’t have you no one can.   

I left soon after that and took the first option, I was staying away, and after what I saw yesterday it wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be beside the throbbing pain in my heart that felt like it had been torn away.

“We are nearly there”. My dad said in a low voice beside me, I reached out and grabbed his hand like I did as a child, he squeezed it comfortingly. “Darling, you’ll be fine. You are my amazingly talented beautiful daughter. You have nothing to worry about”.

“But what if they don’t like me”. I said quietly looking at the ground my eyes filling with tears.

“They would be complete idiots not to. But let’s say if they don’t, you throw a massive tantrum smash their Faberge egg and ill drive the getaway car”. Dad said making my laugh despite me nervousness.

I looked at the massive house, surrounded by gardens pruned to perfection. Despite being beautiful it looked immensely gothic and lonely.

I followed my dad along the long corridors as he held my hand. Finally the butler brought us to a room larger that the palace ballroom. There was an elderly couple sitting by the fire.

I blushed looking at the two, the woman’s face was familiar and the man’s was disapproving.

“This is Therese”. My father said to them skipping the greetings and gestured at me. They both looked at me, the woman smiled warmly and the man’s frown got deeper.

“Tess this is lord and Lady Byron, your grandparents”. My dad said to me squeezing my hand again.

“How do you do”. I said in a quiet voice looking up at them, the lady Byron was still very regal with a straight back and a handsome face. Lord Byron on the other hand looked like he was born disapproving.