4| Answer

My eyes widened. "What?!"

A sudden chuckle burst out from his lips. "I'm kidding-"

My lips twitched in somewhat embarrassed by the incident and if he literally brought it and made me wash it, he really wanted to step over me, and I'm (imagining washing his shirt and my mom suddenly asked whose shirt am I washing) doom.

Gazing at his chuckles, his dimples appeared above his jawline, and heck if I didn't awe by that.

"I washed it already, don't worry."

I rolled my eyes. Suddenly, my eyes caught the star behind him. Above the sky, glittering the plain dark sky. The sky is probably getting clear now, and I finally see the scattering of stars in the sky. This calm night of the sky really is what I love. If this night stays forever...

"You like stars," he stated.

I looked down at him and realised that he'd been staring at me from the past few seconds, I think. Adding that, he stared with a slight sneer on his lips. How embarrassing...

I quickly shook my head and hid my embarrassment from him. After a couple of seconds staring at my flippers, I built up my courage to look at him, "So what's your purpose for actually coming here?"

Looking straight into his eyes, it doesn't show any doubt as before. I bet he has his plan now to talk to me. "Well," he started with that kind of heading while sliding his hand into his pocket, "our latest meeting didn't go well..."

"You still want my answer?" Does he still want that? There were like- 4... 5... 6... we have twelve hours left before the other meet. Is he this desperate?

"No," he shook his head, "well, kinda," and he shrugged.

My lips pressed together. Let him explain until he doesn't want to, so I kept silent. But when I didn't say anything, he's the same. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be 'why didn't she say anything?' Or 'say something!' Or 'ask me you-' well, I don't know what he calls me behind my back.

"Also... I'm sorry for my behaviour last time..." his eyes narrowed away before he met mine after a moment. Then another silence.

"That's all?" I frowned. No reason or any persuasion for my forgiveness? Wow, he reaally good at apologising.

"Should be, but you seem to want my full speech, where I thought it would be like our headmaster's speech. I'm sure you don't want that," he scoffed.

That makes my lips curved into a smile a bit. It's funny to know that he mentioned something about high school. Plus, it's about our headmaster's speech, where I still remember that it could take more than half an hour in Monday assembly. Every Monday in the morning.

I nod and give a light chuckle, "Yeah. I probably would sleep at this moment."

"High school..." he muttered beneath his lips. "Do you miss them?"

"No," I said, straight to my point. "Slightly, but if they do a reunion or something, I pass it first." Because I am not into a gathering that includes a lot of people. I am likely more into just a small, one or two friends, close friends.

"So, are you more of a college person?"

"A 'U' person. I don't like to care about high school anymore," including you. And that would be a bit harsh to say. Maybe a lot. I don't know what kind of feelings this guy had, but the thing that I'm sure about him is that he's not doing this marriage out of love.

And there is a thing that I didn't realise, I've been standing a few feet away from him, in front of my parent's house, and he didn't get moving to his car. It's not even a chat while walking, but more likely to chat while standing, weird, I think again.