Whatever it Takes

(We made it to...100k reads?! WHAT?! Y'all are just the best. This literally would not be possible without y'all. Thank you so much—to celebrate I am going to finish the rest of Season 3 and possibly start Season 4 TODAY. I love you all, oh, and another thing to celebrate 100k reads will be at the end of the chapter!) —just finished all three chapters right now and I don't know why I thought telling y'all I was gonna post three chapters "today" in this chapter was needed because...I mean, it wasn't posted? So there was no point in saying I was gonna do it in this chapter when—you get the point

(This is the song for this chapter. I told y'all DRAIN will appear again—they are the definition of Hunter Ravens)

...

"You got to be joking..." Hunter glared up at the helicopter blinding the Campers with a searchlight. He studied the helicopter, noticing it was unmarked, the people had weapons, and that there is more helicopters incoming.

"YES! Yes, yes! We are SAVED!!!" Kenji celebrated, not thinking twice about it. "Are we?" Darius questioned as Kenji ran back into the helm.

"Wait, Kenji!" Darius yelled after him but Hunter was already scaling the ladder like a leopard climbing a tree. The Campers quickly followed after them.

Kenji hummed excitedly as he started up the boat again. Hunters hand tightly grabs onto his and forces it to turn the boat off. Kenji turned to Hunter who had a stern glare on his face. The rest of the Campers made it into the helm.

"I'm not exactly getting good guy vibes, Kenji." Darius stated as he walked to Hunters side.

"Yeah, unmarked chopper, big, scary guns..." Yasmina said, Hunter was glad to know the others had also spotted the same suspicious details.

"Oh, I'm sorry, what would you bring to rescue kids from an island full of killer dinosaurs? Cake?" Kenji argued. Hunter seemed appalled that he tried arguing without thinking. "He's got a point." Ben said.

"No, he doesn't. Those are not Costa Rican helicopters nor are they the U.S. military...they're most likely here for the dinosaurs." Hunter crossed his arms, as once again he has predicted human behavior. Humans are the most predictable species on the planet.

The storm reminded them that it was extremely dangerous. A nearby lightning bolt had struck the ocean, then more lightning bolts rained down from the sky in the distance as the waves become more violent and dangerous.

"The sea is pretty rough." Sammy argued.

"Yeah, and I rather be on this boat rather than getting struck by a lightning bolt in a helicopter and crashing into OCEAN!" Hunter argued back once again, clutching his left side. "I'm not going back into the ocean..." Darius and Brooklynn looked at him sadly as Hunter remembered his shark attack and as well as the shark attack he hallucinated when he was poisoned.

"Alright, then. We take our chances with the people in the helicopter?" Darius casted the vote and reluctantly everyone nodded yes one by one except for Hunter who went against the popular vote and disagreed.

Darius turned to Hunter who had his hand on the gas lever thingy (I honestly don't know what it's called, it's been a few years since I've last helped sail any boat) to stop them from turning the boat back to the dock.

"You were outvoted, Hunter." Darius simply said.

Hunter narrowed his eyes and slowly released his tight grip from the lever. Kenji started the boat back up to dock once again.