Chapter 5: The Daily Lives of the Hilariously Chaotic Siblings

~ 7 ~

I told Seokjin that I felt that Taehyung had changed.

"How so?"

"When I was young, he was extremely good to me – he helped me copy my homework, brought me cake, when I fell asleep in class he helped me not to get caught by the teacher, and whenever I got bullied he would always be the first to stand up for me. But now, he just thinks of new ways every day to bully me, tease me, and use his high IQ to oppress me! I'm not as smart as him, so I can't win any arguments, and I don't even earn as much as him. Even if he brings a young and beautiful lady home, I won't be able to outfox her and can only pack my luggage and come back to mom's home."

Jin oppa interrupted me, "That would never happen."

"Don't comfort me, the current situation is very severe."

"What I meant was, Eomma and I would never agree to keep you."

I was so angry I went to tattle to my mother, and confirmed whether Seokjin was truly my real brother and that I wasn't a baby that was given for free when she was topping up her pre-paid mobile card?

My mother thought about it extremely seriously, and said, "Your situation... is actually more akin to buy one get one free."

~ 8 ~

I was quarreling with Taehyung – although I forgot what we were quarreling about at that point in time – and I confided in Seokjin.

He was delighting in my misery at the other end of the phone, "I told you not to get married so early, but you insisted! If you two had broken up before marriage, you would still have been a cute and innocent young lady who just experienced a break up; but if you two break up now, you'd just be an old divorced woman."

I was so scared I immediately returned home and made up with Taehyung.

Kim Seokjin was extremely proud of himself, claiming that he had special techniques and powers.

~ 9 ~

When I was in Primary School, the Pokémon cards were the rage. People born in the 1990s ought to remember this because everybody was collecting these cards. At that time, Jin oppa and I both didn't have much allowance. However, Kim Seokjin's memory was incredible – it was as though he could memorize something at first glance – as such, having watched The Pokémon once, he was able to retell the story to the students in school the very next day. For every story that he told, he managed to obtain a Pokémon card in exchange, until he gradually assembled the whole set of 108 cards.

Subsequently, I found this set of cards under my bed. I gave a call to Seokjin, and he sighed, reminiscing that the cards were a huge part of his childhood.

Seokjin: "Do you know why I did what I did then?"

Me: "Wasn't it because you wanted to showcase your shocking memory skills?"

"No, it wasn't. Do you remember at that time you also liked Pokémon, but in our entire class only Song Sooyaa had the golden card? Even though you asked her to let you take one glance at the card, she adamantly refused and asked you to purchase your own card. I was quite upset, but I had no money, so I could only resort to this method."

I was extremely touched and immediately promised to buy the keyboard that he had been admiring for the longest period of time.

At night I told Taehyung this incident with tears in my eyes, and whilst recounting the story I suddenly slapped my thigh, "Shit! I've been had!"