Chapter 13

Sorry for not updating for a while I've been on vacation in Thailand.

Burnin: but anyway! Since endeavor only wanted shoto and nezuko, you two will be working with us.

Bakugo: I came because I was told I could see the number one hero up close!

Deku: you'll still see it! Calm down, kacchan!

Todoroki: it's different from what I expected, though. I'll try talking to him.

The huge door at the back opened. It was endeavor leaving his office. He walked up to the four of you.

Endeavor: shoto, nezuko, deku, bakugo-I'll be looking after you four.

...

Endeavor: I will train you four. But before that, deku, nezuko, bakugo, tell me about yourselves. Tell me what you need to work on right now and what you can do.

Deku: I want to be able to control my power and perform at my fullest.

Endeavor: your quirk was a super strength so strong you hurt yourself...right?

Deku: yes. I found a way to control it enough to not injure myself. But... Well, after all this time, um... There's like this secondary thing... Like, um... It's started manifesting in a different way...

Endeavor: show me.

Deku put his hand forward as a small black thing came out.

Deku: If I concentrate and release just about as much as I can tolerate. This is the most I can handle right now. If output wavers, it'll pour out and get out of control.

Endeavor: what do you mean by "perform at the fullest"? What do you want to do with it?

Deku: this is actually a power that's flexible, like a whip. I want to turn this from a risk into a weapon I can use. Right now, I'm trying to see if I can control it the way I do air force- Oh, "air force" is a long-distance attack using wind pressure, but it needs more output than my body can handle right now. In my current state, if the amount I can tolerate without stressing my body is about 10-15%, then air force needs 20%. I'm a little over. At this rate, even if I don't injure myself, there's a painful grating, and it affects my movements. (SHUT UP, WHY IS HE SPEAKING SO MUCH?) That's why I practiced so I could release it in an instant and go back right away. If I could do this with the current blackwhip, then theoretically, I should be able to use it. But in the first place, I adjust my power output as I move, so adding another factor to that is hard to juggle in my head. I've been training so that I can do it all at the same time, but it hasn't been going well...

Burnin: it's so long that I don't know what he's talking about!

Todoroki: analyzing yourself, huh?

Bakugo: shut up!

Endeavor: so you're saying that you want to constantly be able to adjust back and forth when you're fighting?

Deku: yes!

Burnin: you understood him?! You're not number one for nothing!

Endeavor: you've had trouble with your quirk, I see. You were one of us, too, huh?

Deku:?

Endeavor: nezuko, what about you?

Nezuko took off her muzzle.

Nezuko: I've made s-some p-pink fire that helped me my team win in or last a-a-assin-assint-

Deku: assignment.

Nezuko: assignment! It made me very tired and it wasn't very hot. I also want to kick harder! I also have this other form that makes me bigger, but I get very tired who-while using it and I lost co-control once.

Burnin: she's so cute!

Endeavor: I can help you with your fire and form but not with kicking. We'll see if Mirko has the time to train your kicks. Next, what about you?

Bakugo: I want to know what I can't do. That's what I came here to find out.

Burnin: ahahaha! So cheeky!

Bakugo: shut up! Why are you even here, anyway?!

Burnin: I'm on standby right now!

Bakugo: I meant what I said, damn it. With my explosion, I've been able to do everything I wanted. Even if I only have one quirk I can become the strongest. And I also learned that just being strong isn't enough to make someone truly strong. I came to find out what I still need in order to surpass the number one hero.

Endeavor: very well. Then let's-

He turned and began walking away.

Todoroki: can I go, too?

Endeavor: you're here to learn flashfire, aren't you?!

Todoroki: I've put into practice the training you drilled into me since I was a kid on my right side. Looking back, my head was filled with pointless hatred toward you. After entering UA and spending time with these guys, competing, my eyes were opened. Endeavor, in the end, I'm doing what you wanted.

Endeavor: even if that works for now, you'll soon reach the limits of that power.

Todoroki: but remember. The one I admired was the person on TV that I watched with mom. I came here as a fledgling hero, in order to become someone worthy of being a hero, of my own free will. I came here to use you. Sorry I'm only here because it's convenient, number one. Don't put on the parent act in front of my friends.

Endeavor: right, very well. From now on, I will look at you four as heroes.

...

Endeavor: rescue, evacuation, and fighting these are the three basic categories of what heroes are asked to do. Normally, heroes focus on either rescue or fighting in their agencies, but my policy is to do all three. I know every corner of the city under my jurisdiction and don't let even the smallest abnormality go unnoticed. If there's an incident or accident, then I rush to the scene faster than anyone, and in order to keep casualties down, if there are bystanders, I keep them back with fire. The most basic of basics. Parallel processing and swift response. Make that the norm. It's a matter of what you accumulate. At UA, it's hard work. And here, it's experience. Build up a mountain of that. The things all three of you need to work on can be conquered by experience. This winter, show me that you can capture a villain faster than me just once!

*beep*

Endeavor rushes of making the four follow him. He turned immediately at a corner shocking the four with how fast he can change direction without losing speed. By the time you three arrived the hit and run suspect was already captured.

Endeavor: you were a step late, huh?

Bakugo: it takes me longer to get warmed up in the winter.

Todoroki talked about how endeavor used his Flames to turn.

Endeavor: let me tell you one more thing. There's a big street that way.

Sidekick: go on!

Sidekick 2: leave this to us! It's rare for that guy to teach anyone other than shoto anything.

The four follow quickly with nezuko trailing behind. Endeavor saved a woman from being hit by a truck. He began to talk to bakugo and Todoroki about what to do while deku and nezuko were calming the woman who was screaming at the man.