Volume 3 Chapter 15

(3rd POV)

Dante dropped lightning down on Lindsey who quickly rolled out of the way. The female faunus smirked as she pounced forward with her blades in reverse grip. She swings with her right hand forcing Dante to dodge to the left before he swung his flail, and managing to land the first hit with a lightning infused blow to Lindsey's gut.

Port: "What a blow from Dante! Will Lindsey be able to recover?!

The sound of thunder roared through the arena as Skye swung and dodged around Coral using the cacti around to pull herself out of harms way again and again. However, the constant cracking of thunder were causing Skye's ears to hurt immensely. Her movements were getting sloppy and it continued to get harder and harder for Skye to dodge Coral's attacks. Eventually, Skye tripped on her feet in the sand and tumbled into a hard strike from Coral's axe as another crack of thunder blew Skye back to the edge of the ring.

Oobleck: "Things aren't looking good for Skye. It's a wonder if she will be able to pull this fight back or not."

Aria and Noodles were locked in a fast pace battle as lightning cracked around them. It was currently a 4v1 as Noodles activated his semblance, Triple Threat. Aria was forced to transform her weapon into scythe mode. As the four Noodles began rushing towards Aria again, she lowered her hips and held the blade of the scythe out to the side. As the Noodles neared she swung the scythe in a circle, knocking back the four. She quickly ran forward, attempting to seize the opportunity that presented itself. As she ran she transformed her weapon back into sword form and began snapping her fingers slowly before she quickened the pace of her snaps to match the pace of her feet hitting the ground. The four Noodles stood dazed as Aria began to finally use her not entirely useful semblance to her advantage.

Port: "Even with the disadvantage, Aria is able to turn this fight around into her own favor! The markings of an infamous huntress!"

Now for the main event in the center of the arena. (Y/n) and Ruth were evenly matched. Neither could get the either to falter, and neither could land a good enough hit to knock the other down. Both fighters were calm as they walked in circles. Both were calculating their next move, only one was ready with an answer to the other. (Y/n) rushed forward as he absorbed the kinetic energy from Ruth's body. As (Y/n) neared, Ruth began to panic slightly as he couldn't move. He wasn't entirely worried as he was confident his semblance would take most of the damage for him. What he wasn't ready for, however, was for (Y/n) to sheathe Conviction before he reeled his fist back. The glow of stars that came from (Y/n)'s hands worried Ruth as this was the same glow that had been around his body, and was now surrounding his fist entirely. As (Y/n)'s fist made contact with Ruth, he released the hold he had on him and watched as Ruth was sent flying back into the mountain in the storm zone. The mountain wasn't enough to hold the impact as it came crumbling down on top of Ruth.

Oobleck: "Dear Oum! Is he okay?!" One look at the board would show Ruth still had enough aura left to continue, but it was draining slowly from the crush force. If he was under there for any longer, then he'd be down for the count. And probably dead if no one helps him out of there. The rubble begins to move as Ruth slowly lifts the crumbled mountain off of him with his semblance.

Port: "What strength on display from Ruth here! Such strength is the mark of a true huntsman!" (Y/n) smirks before his eyes widen at another announcement. "Ooh! A double knockout! Both Dante and Lindsey have knocked each other out of the ring!" (Y/n) looks over to the right side of the arena to see the two helping each other up.

(Y/n): "Could be worse."

Skye and Coral's fight had gone into a standstill as Skye made a pair of ear muffs to lessen the impacts of the thunderous booms. Skye was slowly but surely gaining the edge, but that edge would be lost when Coral makes a quick transformation into the rifle form of her weapon before letting the bullets fly towards the leader of Team SLD(Y/I). Skye's eyes widen as she quickly begins flipping and twisting her body as she swings the whip blade around her. The flurry of attacks managed to swipe away a lot of the bullets, and her dodging helped her not get hit more, a good few rounds hit their marks which brought her aura down threateningly low to getting her knocked out the battle.