8- Interruptions

┌──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────┐

Rosetta's POV

└──────── °∘❉∘° ────────┘

Klaus and I have both been locked away in the art room since morning. He hasn't let me see what he's working on, even pointing the easel toward me so I cannot peak. I'm still working on the top layer of my painting of The Wickery Bridge, the bodies of the dead laying across it and complete. Now I'm working on the outline of the top half of my painting. Using a pencil above the dried paint to insure I can create maximum detail.

I have yet to see Elijah again since last night. I also haven't brought up the soulmate thing to Klaus. I'm a complete coward, I fear he will look at me in a different light.

I feel another presence in the room and look over at the doorway to find Elijah leaning against it. "Forgive the intrusion." I send him a small smile before turning back to my painting. "You could instead not intrude." Klaus says making me roll my eyes at his pettiness.

"I have spoken with Damon Salvatore. We are hosting a dinner to discuss a proposal to get the last coffin back." I look over at Klaus to find a smile on his face, "Very well. I suppose I should get the evening set up then." He walks over to me and presses a kiss to my cheek, "Don't peak." I roll my eyes, "Your no fun, but I won't." He smiles before disappearing.

"I was hoping you would join us, Rosetta." My stomach flutters at the way he says my name. It rolls off his tongue in the most attractive way, his accent heavy. "I wouldn't miss it. Clearly there will need to be a mediator for the hostile company."
"I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a blood bath." I shrug, "I couldn't care less. Sometimes blood solves things, if that's what needs to happen to come to an agreement, so be it."
"You speak of bloodshed as though it's a regular occurrence in your life." I look over my shoulder at him, "It is, but usually I'm the one causing it." I look back at my painting before setting the pencil on the table beside it. "Ill be back before it begins, I have some preparation to do." I say before walking past Elijah and out of the room.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Getting out of my car Infront of the Mikaelson Mansion has me feeling extremally nervous for the evening. While I've had a slight friendship with the Salvatore's, they really are idiots. Why you would go against a family of vampires that cannot be killed is beyond me.

I straighten out my black blazer dress that has a deep vee, showing off my black lacy bra beneath. My leather, thigh high, black leather, heeled boots make a clicking noise against the pavement as I walk toward the Mikaelson Mansions front door.

I knock on the front door as I dig in my small purse, full of magical jewelry I made in preparation for tonight's dinner that is certainly going to be disastrous. The door opens and I look up to find Elijah looking me up and down. I smirk as I walk past him into the house. I look around to see if Klaus is anywhere.

"Rosetta, welcome. You look stunning." I spin toward him with a genuine smile on my face, my stomach fluttering slightly, "Thank you Elijah." I hand him a note, causing him to raise a brow at me, I nod signaling for him to read the paper that says, "It will not allow you to be daggered. The dagger would momentarily immobilize you before you awoke and were able to pull it out."

I hold the brown old style bracelet up, the small magical M pendent dangling down. He sends me a look of shock looking up from the letter. I grab his wrist, pulling up his sleeve of his suit slightly as I begin tying it on his wrist, just out of view of others, "You look quite handsome yourself. Have the Salvatore's arrived yet?" I ask before smoothing his suit out, perfectly hiding the bracelet.