1

i still remember how i met him. that specific day crosses my mind often. and i think. what if i had done something differently. what if there was just something that could have prevented all this. i'll always believe there was, just something that could've changed everything. i just don't know what i could've possibly done. but .. still sometimes i think this is all my fault.

8 months ago

"i'm so happy that Ms.Vargas got fired bro" aliza said as we walked out of our english class.

"i deadass think everyone is" i said while putting my hair up in a bun.

Ms.Vargas was our now old english teacher. she was a total bitch and i guess she got reported and finally got fired.

"i just want to finally get a new teacher, im tired of these substitutes acting teacher for a day" i said.

"for real bro. hopefully the new teacher is cute." aliza snickered

"i'd kinda hate if they were cute, those are the ones most pedophile like"

"so? have you never read a teacher and student troupe" aliza responded trying to reason her fantasy.

"yea like hundreds but most of the teachers in the  books are young, what if the new teacher is like 50 years old?" i laughed.

"fine then once we meet this new teacher, if he's cute i call dibs." she said.

i couldn't tell if she was joking or for real. something she's very blunt so i don't know if this is one of those times.

"no need for dibs no one's fighting you for him. plus you don't even know if it's going to be a guy"

"i know i know but like.. i sense it" she said spacing out.

"whatever you freak. i'm going to my next class" i said as i started turning the corner to go the opposite way.

"whatever see you at lunch" aliza said as she walked her way.

i walked into my geometry class and took my usual seat . i sit at a table with a lot of my friends in this period but today i guess i was the first to arrive.

"no fucking way" daniel said to miles.

"yess bro they finally broke up" miles said happily.

they reached out table and sat down across eachother. miles had sat next to me.

"hey babe" he said as he kissed my forehead.

"hii" i said giggling.

everytime we were in this class the first thing he would always do was kiss my forehead. even before he officially started dating 2 months ago. i always found it cute.

"so who broke up?" i asked them both.

"apparently damian and julie broke it off because she cheated on him." daniel whispered.

damian was the captain of our schools football team. daniel and miles were on the team as well.

"and you guys are happy about that?" i asked a little shocked.

"she was so annoying at practice, we couldn't do anything because every 5 seconds she would interrupt so yes" miles answered me.

"poor julie you guys are assholes" i laughed .

lily finally sat down at her seat.

"you guys will never believe what i just heard in the hallway" she said excitedly.

"what?" the three of us said in sync.

"julie cheated on damian with one the losers in the chess club" she laughed.

"no way" i laughed

"he must've had either the biggest dick in the world or mad money for her to choose him over damian" miles laughed as him and daniel just kept making jokes about it.

we continued talking until the class ended. and the rest of the day was a blur until this..

"shit shit shit" i repeated as i speed walked into my english class.

i had forgotten my charger in this class. i use my phone a lot in other classes so by the time im in english my phone is already on low percentage. but i had to hurry and get it back so i didn't miss the bus.

i walked into the class and headed straight toward where i always have it. i didn't even notice the other person in the room.

"can i help you?" i heard a male voice say behind me.

i turned and i just see sometimes chest. how did he get behind me so quick? i thought. i looked up to meet his dark brown eyes.

"oh uh i just left my charger here." i said for some reason kinda quietly.

i remembered the substitute i had for this class earlier today and it wasn't him.

"oh sorry then. nice to meet you i'm Mr. Anderson." he introduced himself as he took a step back.

"oh i'm sophia" i replied.

"i'm guessing your a student of this class" he said as he walked back to the teachers desk.

"yea i have it second period. i don't remember you being the substitute today." i questioned him.

he chuckled a bit.

"i'm not a substitute. i'm the new english teacher."